wet behind the ears

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blasterdan

Im brand new to the rat rod community and have never done anything like this before. i don't have any real plans for my first rat yet but im hear to get some ideas and hopefully some advice along the way from all you out there who are smarter than i am! i live in a area with mostly gravel roads and any highway is very rough. any advice on how to make it look good without it being super low to the ground?

Air bags would do it pretty nicely where you can lower it when you want the look, but raise it when roads are rough or clearance is an issue.

Welcome to RRR!

The key to an enjoyable ride is to build it for what the normal conditions are in your area.
As DR suggested airbag suspension will give you the flexibility to go other places too.
Welcome to the friendliest car forum on the internet.

Hi Blaster, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You should snoop around your area a bit and get a project home, because those dang Albertans are driving out to Saskatchewan and picking up projects like they were picking saskatoons. Anyway, we will want pictures, so even if you find pictures of what you'd like we could accept them, at first. Good luck.

thanks everyone for the welcome!
i have plans to go push some bush around the old neighbors farm this weekend but i thought it would be a good idea to get an idea of what i should be looking for before diving into unknown waters

Welcome from Tejas! Don't hesitate to ask questions or advice... no one will give you grief for doing so! We're all in this together!!! :D

BoB

welcome

Im brand new to the rat rod community and have never done anything like this before. i don't have any real plans for my first rat yet but im hear to get some ideas and hopefully some advice along the way from all you out there who are smarter than i am! i live in a area with mostly gravel roads and any highway is very rough. any advice on how to make it look good without it being super low to the ground?

welcome frm ct. this is an awesome site,still fumbleing around,but there is an awesome amount of knowledge here for sure. stonecold-c.o.

Welcome to RRR! Nothing wrong with building a rat that's not stuck to the ground. I like the look of a highboy.

What kind of project do you have in mind? Do you know what you're going to be searching for?

originally I had wanted to do a bigger project with front and back seats so I could share the project with friends but after some browsing on here im starting to think that a smaller pickup job would be a better way to go for the first project.

Latest posts

Back