What are your plans for this long July 4th weekend?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well cats & kittens... this is one of the old Tipper's fav weekends & when I was a younger & the kiddos were small I absolutely loved gitin' down with da Black Cats, bottle rockets, roman candles, sparklers etc. This was a big family weekend & all this was mixed in with adult beverages so needless to say a good time was had by all!!! My ex-brothers-in-laws & I used to pull pranks on each other, lite fire crackers under each other etc... u get the picture. One of our fav games after we had a few was to light Black Cats & see how long we could hold them & then toss 'um at the last millisecond... needless to say... this lead to some numb & throbbin' fingers! (Kids... DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!! :D)

That's history now & I'm gonna spend this weekend gittin' back to work on my truck. I've also had a really kool air cleaner set-up made by our own Mr. Bonehead himself (Tejas style) & I'll be postin' pictures shortly... you ain't gonna believe how kool it is so keep u're eyeballs peeled! The Bonehead does incredible stuff in steel & you don't wanna miss this!!! Thanks Jeff!!!!!!!!!

That's what the Tripper's up to... what are your plans!?!?

BoB

Friday I gotta change a transmission in a 2000 blazer, sat I'm going tinker with the 62 project then go to fire fireworks, Sunday morning we go for a tube/canoe trip down the fox river, Monday rest.

I know, Bill. For years I worked in retail and I worked lots of holidays, after a while it becomes just another day. Bet you are counting down the days until you are a full time 34 Ford builder. :D:D

This weekend is going to be all for my Son Dan. His regular days off are Friday and Saturday and he gets Sunday too because it is the 4th. We are going to hit all day long Friday on his rpu body getting it prepped and disassembled for priming. He plays on Saturday so that messes up that day, but Sunday is going to be spray day. I am really pushing him hard to get this thing in paint, he keeps finding reasons to not do it and he will never make Turkey Run in November unless we get it painted SOON. He gets distracted helping me do things on my 27 so this weekend I am staying totally away from my car and will be helping him on his.

We have a BBQ grille at the shop so we will celebrate the 4th there with some stuff on the grille and watching fireworks from the ball park that is a few miles away.

Don

going to the 400 on Saturday. not really sure what i am doing for the actual 4th yet. i will hopefully end up at any number of random BBQ's that i know will be going down on Sunday.

:( I'll be working. :(

One of the privileges of being in the maintance field is you get to work plant shutdowns and when do they shutdown...Christmas and July 4th.
Got to pull 12 hrs 7/2 and 7/3 and rumoured to work 8 on the 4th.

Ain't complaining....too many out there without a job.

Have a BBQ tomarrow and going to take the Triumph Rat bike out and ride the snot out of it.

Attachments

• P1010119.jpg
    P1010119.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 7
Good thing I planned to work in the garage this weekend cause it's rainin' like the devil form the storm that was out in the Gulf. If we were behind on rainfall... we've caught up now! Just hate that it's slowing the spill cleanup.

Have a BBQ tomarrow and going to take the Triumph Rat bike out and ride the snot out of it.

Very nice bike dude!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back