What did Santa bring you ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Good "Christmas".....

Seeing as I flew out of LAX on the 17th, we did Christmas early.
We agreed that the quick change would be my "gift", which was cool.
A few years back I sold my torch set up (go ahead and say it: "dumbass" :eek:)
So when I went to start the QC install and couldn't get ahold of my buddy's torch, she just said " why don't you just go buy another one, just be smart enough to keep this one". :confused:
After explaining the cost of a good medium duty unit with bottles to her, she smiled and said lets go get one.
After getting back up off the floor, we went down the street to Airgas and got a nice Victor set.
What more can I say.
(Maybe because I put the Christmas lights up with out being asked? Usually takes 50 requests.)
She also spent alot of time with me in the garage, actually working up a sweat
and getting a little grease on her !!!!
Can't ask for more than that, 37 years of putting up with me and "cars" . Love that girl.... :D
Oh yeah, somewhere along the way I got a good sized Harbor Freight sand blast cabinet during the same time frame. Picture of my girl, just coming out to make sure I haven't hurt myself somehow (again :rolleyes: ).
It was a great Christmas, considering I wasn't at home..... '22

Attachments

• QC rework 044a.jpg
    QC rework 044a.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I enjoy the "I love my wife" stories.:eek: Ok, I'm kinda sappy like that.:D

My daughter got me a miniture r/c helicopter. I have been flying it in the house all day. Its very cool.

My wife got me..... lets just say, if it wasnt for her, I'd be naked for the last 10 years. Very cool also.

And a pair of these. I will be getting them for myself.:D:D

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 8
I got a youth archery set with a fake deer! You can't hit that deer from 30 feet with a kid's bow. My wife and kids gave it to me. Guess they're gonna have to learn somthin about archery!

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention the set of Torque Thrust D's with wide whites she let me order. Pics coming soon.
By the way 22, thats an awesome Christmas story. Have a good one.

Last edited:
My wife married me 18 years ago. That's all the gift I need.........

You said a mouthfull there,,,our 18th was kinda an early Christmas pesent.
She also got me a new floor jack, battery charger & chop saw for the shop.
I wonder if she's hinting something with the jack. It is a low profile one.

Add

"12.two cans of mixed nuts"

You know people give presents that represent what they think of you:)

So what do you think my ex meant when she bought me the large economy sized toilet tissues?????????? :confused::eek::eek: I thought she was just being practical.

My ex was a little more direct... years back she gave me a book about ADD. It probably was a good book but I always got distracted & could never finish it! ; - >

BoB

I got a new Paasch airbrush and a Hendrick team jacket. Supposedly Rick Hendrick paid 400.00 each for them. A friend of the family works for them in some capacity that effects all their drivers.

Got some new headlights for the RPU. And from the wife who said she wanted nothing to do with it. The lights on there now are off some kind of safari truck. I could use them to heat the garage now!.

Santa???

Santa missed my place this year...I must have been naughty - aint I always:D

but "she who must be obeyed" aka "the management" bought me half a dishwasher and I bought her the other half :p but despite numerous hints, I did not get any tools or car parts :( so will have to get them in the sales :)

Hope you all had a good one.

Studebaker tranny adapter to run a 39 trans
Weiand Intake for Studebaker 2x2
A rebuild book for 35-48 transmissions

I made out like a bandit but watching the kiddos come around the corner to see Santa gifts topped it all off

RUsty

My son and fellow board member gave me a really cool set of Mac spark plug sockets, 9 in the set all differnt lengths 3 of them have swivels.

I hear ya Maddog, I too would be naked if it weren't for my lovely wife.

i got a new mig welder and picked up a 65 impala project to ad to the outhers ....got it fired up allready and the trans goes in and out of gear ....so far so good

Latest posts

Back