What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did the "simple swap to better six" for the 46 fleetmaster coupe over the weekend, in the driveway ( no garage), finally shoved it into place just two minutes before the deluge hit here inKnoxville monday evening. There was lightning crashing around and I just got the 6 on the mounts pulled the hoist, put the valve cover back on, covered the engine and down came the rain. I covered the engine with the hood as the plastic sheeting kept blowing away. Then pushed the hoist onto my neighbors patio, grabbed tools running in a crouch for about five trips to throw them inside as the storm pound around me, close isn't the word, not what I like for thrills. After all was said and done there were trees downed everywhere and most of my neighborhood was in the dark, myself included. Had my neighbor help set the front clip back on and checked the engine. WHEW!! High and dry! Just hope next weekend isn't as adventuresome.

Went to Rogersville Tn for the Easter Weekend...

Got there and Didn't do crap.... visited with the relatives, eat, eat eat and then eat some more....saw a couple nice rats and a nice 71 Chevy pickup resto that my Niece's husband had done....all were cool and the weather was nice..... the ride home 10 hours not so much....rain after Cinnci and all the way to my front door.... now waiting for the storms to hit and we have Tornado watches until 10pm..... :eek:

diggin' a hole

Had to dig up my septic cause it was plugged up. So had it emptied and baffles cleaned. No fun :( $275 when all done. And our weather here in Wash is also rainy and windy.

Attachments

• IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 28
The 64 painted , will do some pinstriping later .

Attachments

• flat black.jpg
    flat black.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 12
  • flat black 2.jpg
    flat black 2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 12
Replaced all the downstairs flooring. The wife said we couldn't work on the truck until her house was finished. Go figure............

Where to begin.....Ah.

Moved all the crap I had stored to be able to get the lawn tractors/mowers..... none of which would start....getting them out took an hour then after 4 hours of charging, changing, sharping and fixing.. was able to turn the cutting duties over to the boys........then had exactly enough time to weld all the holes in the bed rails shut on the pickup.... not exactly what I'd hoped to do..... rest of the weekend was birthday and conformation get togethers..... well there's always next weekend...;)

had the final sat classes, set up appointment for next shop client for next sat, ordered all the 304 SS for a set of headers for his factory five daytona, fixed 4 wheelers, helped at the bicycle rodeo, slept and start over mon morning![cl

Not a darn thing......

Honey do after honey do after honey do.... that was Saturday.... then mothers day.... couldn't hardly do anything but be with the wifey..... wouldn't be right.... oh well, my dream of having this thing on the road by June 1 is slowly dissolving into the poop shoot:(....I think I'll break out the Pontiac, (weather permiting) and take a drive..... need a shot of adrenaline to get back into the game... "put me in coach"!! ;)

Well I worked on finishing the floor in the truck, 99% complete now. Wished I had some extra money to plumb the radiator so I could start the engine for the first time. Wished I could find a new pulley for my generator that would fit my belt so I can tension the belt and make the water pump work.

Honey do after honey do after honey do.... that was Saturday.... then mothers day....

Sounds way to familiar. Took out the old tub and tile surround, replaced with a 3 pc tub& surround. Finished up Sunday morning, when the Mrs was away for brunch with her mom. Got in 2 hours in the garage cleaning out the last of the junk stored for the winter. Got the garage sorted out enough ready to have a car parked in it tonight. Now just have to wait until 10:00pm for the shipper to arrive with it... oh the anticipation is killin me!

Spent the weekend loading up stuff, to include momma's 47 Chevy & driving the 8hrs to new home. Movers unloaded Monday turning new house into a sea of boxes. Drove 8hrs back to the Bluegrass to pack up more stuff, including my 47 Plymouth & back to Sweet home Alabama Sat. morning.:eek:

My Daughter, her husband & the old Tripper's grandkids spent the weekend so I didn't get any real work done on the truck but... I did a lot of thinkin' about how I'm gonna wire my gauges & tach up so I should be able to get rollin' on it 1st thing in the morning! I'm always glad to see the grandkids but after a whole weekend... I also glad to see them go... haha!!! Tripper Jr came by too & we went for a cruise in his Nova ragtop & then he cruised out to a hockey game back in H-town! [ddd[ddd[ddd

I'll have all the wiring done this week & plan to start the big Nailhead up next weekend... saaaaaweeeeeeet!!!

BoB

Attachments

• dakids.jpg
    dakids.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 39
  • cowskullz.jpg
    cowskullz.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 37
Mowed the grass and ran some errands, but best of all had our daughter visiting for the weekend [cl[cl
meandmygirl5-14-11Large.jpg

.....wish our son in-law could have come too :( They've been on the road with their jobs for over three years now and we don't get to see them near as much as we'd like, so every little visit is a special occasion. She even sat and played for a half hour or so last night which was a real treat [cl
hrmpickingandsingingLarge.jpg

Something else I've been needing to do is take care of several hundred Chestnut Oak seedlings that have sprung up in our yard from the heavy acorn crop last fall. I pulled up about 150 of them yesterday and took them to an old abandoned service road on the back of our property and planted them :D

ChestnutOakseedling5-14-11Large.jpg

ChestnutOakplanting5-14-11Large.jpg

.....could have just mowed them all off but hated to see good seedlings go to waste. Maybe someday my great grand kids will harvest them and build some furniture or a nice fireplace mantel :cool:

We kissed our daughter goodbye this afternoon and I worked on the Willys to pass the time until she called to say she made it back to NY.

It's been a good weekend!

my weekend

great weekend...

yardwork :( mowed, edged, raked the yard.
built a radiator support onto my camaro frame to hold the front sheetmetal for my 54 Chevy truck. tacked up, still need to do final welds.
boiled mussels and lobster on Sunday, spent most of the day on the patio with wife.
took video of my little baby girl eating and walking, sent to my parents, they like that stuff.
watched "the king's speech". it was ok, my wife liked it.

Latest posts

Back