What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much on the car, I have gotten a little side tracked.
Try'n to relive some of my lost youth:eek::rolleyes:

Attachments

• Duel Showman 002.jpg
    Duel Showman 002.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 16
Made 2" wood spacers from Vermont Birch last weekend. This weekend I pulled the carbs and added the spacers. While I had the carbs off I changed the power valves to 3.5's from the 6.5's that were opening too soon. I still need to get some old style spring clamps to add an inline filter (which also extends my fuel hose to the carbs due to the spacers). Washed, waxed and polished the rust....LOL [;) I also put together a 4100 from my spare parts.:cool:

I walked about 1,000 miles in the swap meet at Turkey Run, drank more beer in a week than I usually do in a month, and am paying the price now with sore feet and legs. If I got that much exercise all the time I would look like Charles Atlas. :D

Don

today i sanded the 27 cab
put body filler in the roof (3 coats)
sanded some more
primed and painted it and the grill shell.

p.s.
i asked the wife.
she said "yeah leave the bullet holes".......;)

Nothing on either vehicles. Am in the process of putting in new kitchen cabinets for momma. This after having both the front deck & back screen porch redone over the past couple of months.

nothing this weekend but I just benched 225lbs, 48 situps in a minute, 55 push ups and ran the mile and a half in 10:08 today. All that at 40 years of age! Damn kids![cl

Give ya an hour to draw a crowd...

Haha! you want to be the kettle or the frying pan? :D

On the city hall steps......lol....I might be old but I ran down and arrested a 27 year old kid with 15 warrants and a felony extraditable warrant out of Illinois for Attempt Murder who tried to run from me.....not too bad for a guy that will be 61 in January....didn't even need a taser...he was so shocked :eek: that I caught him he didn't fight with me.....I think he was breathing as hard as me....LOL..

Good work SGT...........but I would have used the taser just because I think it is funny as h*** when some perp gets tased and flops to the ground like a fish !! [cl

As far as my last weekend, on Friday Dan and I took his Olds engine to the guy who did the machine work and let them degree the cam for us. I was going to do it myself but have never done one and we want this engine to be 100% right this time. He found our cam was 4 degrees advanced and corrected that, now it should run much better than the first time around.

Saturday I cleaned my roadster and also my Sons T bucket so we could go to a local show Sunday. The show was actually much bigger than I expected and they had Chip Foose, Don Garlits, and Shirley Muldowney there. Opened up my headers for the drive up and it is always fun pulling into a show making lots of cammed up noise. :D Makes you feel like John Force for a few minutes.

Don

Put up Christmas Decorations.......

Only part of Xmas that I am not fond of and my wife adds stuff every year....this year it was extra lights out back....takes me better part of two days to put it up and this year I missed the good weather with a case of brocihitis....so I put them up in the cold and sunday in the cold and rain....either way, they're up and she's happy......me...not so much as it stopped me from doing much of anything that I like to do....:(

Finally starting to heal up from my medical procedure so wednesday I pulled the motor/trans out of my 87 shortbed. Had developed a bad miss [burnt valve] and since money is tite I'll probably try to sell the truck. The battery in the Belair won't hold a charge so I put the battery from the truck in the Belair. Had to change the cable ends since the truck battery is side posts. Walked around town for something to do, took picture of 67 Dodge. Hoping the boss will have some work this week so I can get a pay check, been 3 weeks since I worked....[P

We assembled more of my Son's Olds engine. Last week we had the cam degreed and now we have to take it back to the machine shop to have him check the intake manifold to head relationship to make sure it is square.

To do that we had to put the heads back on, and while we were at it we got the bottom end buttoned up. The oil pump, timing cover, and pan are now on for the final time, and we also got the lifters, pushrods, and rocker arms installed.

The engine photographs a different shade of gold in every picture but the real color is sort of like the original early Olds gold.

Don

dansmotorgoingbacktogether001.jpg

dansmotorgoingbacktogether013.jpg

We assembled more of my Son's Olds engine. Last week we had the cam degreed and now we have to take it back to the machine shop to have him check the intake manifold to head relationship to make sure it is square.

To do that we had to put the heads back on, and while we were at it we got the bottom end buttoned up. The oil pump, timing cover, and pan are now on for the final time, and we also got the lifters, pushrods, and rocker arms installed.

The engine photographs a different shade of gold in every picture but the real color is sort of like the original early Olds gold.

Don

dansmotorgoingbacktogether001.jpg

dansmotorgoingbacktogether013.jpg

Where did you find those valve covers?

Latest posts

Back