What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to remember. I got them for Dan for a Christmas or birthday present but can't remember where. I'll do some digging and get back to you.

Ok, I found where I got them. Summit carries them under their part number ofy-5595. Here is a link......

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OFY-5595/

They are really nice quality too.

Don

Thanks... Dan at Exeter Auto Supply is a big Offy dealer... good prices, too. I'll have to ask about 'em. Thanks.

Was warming up the motor in the speedster for a test drive around the block when the rear seal let go and started pouring oil out on the floor. Oh well, it's just a hobby (and a lifestyle, and reason for living :rolleyes:). Lucky for me i suppose the Model A is right there next to it needing a trans mount, so it's just a change of focus.

Earlier this week I took Dan's intake manifold to the machine shop to have it checked over for being level. They found out the machined surfaces were out 10 thousandths so they put them on some machine and planed them nice and flat. He said they were high in the center which would not allow the manifold to sit down square on the heads. They look much better now and seem to sit down just like it should.

Friday I spent about 5 hours at the sandblast cabinet getting all the old black Imron paint off down to bare metal. Then we scrubbed all the metal shavings and blast media out of the intake and wiped it down with Picklex to keep it from rusting. Saturday we primed and painted it the same gold as the rest of the motor............it came out pretty nice if I must say so myself. :D

We are going to allow the paint to cure until next Friday, then we are going to get the intake put on the block. We found what we think is a small leak in the front pump on his th350 transmisson so I'll run it to the trans shop this week to have them look at it.

Don

Ill go out and start the ole 56. that will probably be it. Maybe take her around the block and then put her back. To cold to do any paint, no heat in the shop yet.

Started the tedious job of body work....Saturday

got the roof filler on and leveled to the finish skim coat....did the rough filler on the b-pillars and door opening...going to wait on the A posts until I have the glass ready in case I need to bed it in a bit...did the rest of the smoothing out on the filler in the bed's gas door...cut out and welded in the patchs for shaving the door handles and side mirrors while I was waiting for the filler to set up...I'll post some pics in the build thread...not many as it would be boring to see pics of the filler drying LOL....(might be boring anyway...):) Then, had to go Xmas shopping on Sunday, dinner with the family and then worked 5 hrs OT Sunday night....to fill the overlap....All in all, a somewhat productive weekend....finally...

Aint that the truth....

I made two passive solar heaters for my barn. haven't seen the sun since...

I have been considering using the south side of my barn as a solar heater....just never got around to building the frame work and such....but of course you're right, you need the sun...lol

$500.00 Just a 4 door grand am... If it was a GOAT or something it wouldnt be a POS. Im not loyal to any brand...Ive got my 56 Buick, 98 Chevy p/u, 05 Kia minivan, and a 95 volvo wagon... I am partial to GM products but wouldnt turn down an old piece of iron no matter who built it :D

Well, yesterday, wednesday, was my saturday this week. Soo... I got the job done by fixing all the insulation in the ceiling of my shop, plastic and strapped the whole thing. Now I can sheet rock it all. Only 10 years into a 3 year plan to finish the shop![cl[cl[cl

Fitted doors and made up some brake lines for the coupe

Attachments

• pass%20door%20install%20002.jpg
    pass%20door%20install%20002.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
We took my Son's th350 to the transmission shop the other day to have them look at the leak we had in the front pump area. While we were there we had them install the TransGo shift kit I bought Dan for Christmas. The trans is a built Jackson Racing unit but it never shifted hard enough for Dan's liking.

When we picked it up the guy said it should have shifted really hard because it had a B and M kit in it already with big holes that should have really firmed the shifts up. But they put the TransGo in it anyway so we will see how it shifts now. We are also going to a 3000 stall convertor instead of the 2500 that was in it, so that might help. They did reseal the front pump so hopefully that problem is gone too.

Tomorrow (Sunday) Dan is off and we are going to paint the transmission gold to match the motor and hopefully install it the next weekend. We would like to start up the new motor for the first time by the middle of January.

Don

Little update. We did get the transmission painted today, so next weekend we can drop the motor and transmisson back into the car. Hopefully Saturday we can try firing it up for the first time in almost a year.:D

Don

Finished off welding in the nut inserts on my frame, welded a few patches into it as well. Now to set up on stands, take the twist out of the rear drivers side, and then start mocking up suspension. Hopefully be done suspension mock up and then assembly by the end of April so when the body comes out of storage it can be bolted on... But thats doubtful with a 2 year old and another on the way in March... One can hope though.

Took the engine, tranns, rearend and wire harness out of the TA.
Gonna start cleanin it up so we can put it in the 66 Chevy pickup :D

IMG_6767Medium.jpg

IMG_6766Medium.jpg

IMG_6768Medium.jpg

IMG_6765Medium.jpg

My son in-law Robert helps me do a lot and I'm giving him the 250 inline and 350 turbo out of the 66 for his 64 Chevy pickup.
I've never done a fuel injected transplant before so it should be interesting plus I'm sure I'll need help from all you [S
I can start a build thread later today if y'all want [ddev

Latest posts

Back