What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get a lot done except for a lot of driving this week. Tuesday I drove up to Tampa (300 miles round trip) and dropped off the headers Dan built for his rpu to be coated. Then Friday morning I did the whole trip all over again to pick them up when they were done. He had them done in a gray that looks sort of like cast finish and they did a really nice job on them.

Last night we got them installed and the coater said to run the engine to let the headers get used to the heat, so we took a little spin. He didn't want to put the baffles in because they might make the headers initially heat unevenly, so it was a little loud, but fun. These lakes headers have a totally different sound than the old Jaysters he had from Speedway, much more hot rod sounding instead of drag car sounding.

Today both of my Sons are playing at different events, so I had a chance to just nap on the couch with my two furry roommates, which is a nice break for a change. All this week we will be getting our cars ready to go to Don Garlits place for Billetproof, so it will be somewhat hectic. Dan's car is pretty ready but I need to check over everything on my 27 for the 500 mile round trip drive.

Don

Headed to the garage to mock up the bed for my PU tomorrow! 5 weeks till Lonestar Round Up! Can't wait!!!

BoB

I finally got the shake out of the front end on my29. new tie rod end, new shocks, alignment re done. Trying to get ready for the coming cruise of our small town club. [cl

hey I built some headers too! and arrested some folks....

Attachments

• drivers turbo header.jpg
    drivers turbo header.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 25
  • pass turbo header.jpg
    pass turbo header.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 21
Replaced the wheel bearings on the girlfriends car did a few things on the hot rod to get it up a little bit higher to clear the driveway and took it out for another spin :)

started putting the 63 falcon back together, installed the newly worked head and rebuilt the carb have monday off and planning on trying to finish up but a little shy about the adjustable lifters so I have started a thread to find out if one of you gear heads of any ideas on it otherwise will be asking a friend who is a wrench for a living.

Finished the tank on the Aermacchi and started to prime it. Too cold this weekend to finish it. No it's not going to be flat black. Gloss Black and Orange.

Macchi1.jpg

Removed the front and rear foot pegs, shifter, starter and brake. I will install rear sets for the shifter and rear brake. Mocked up the rear pegs. They will need to go back a few more inches.
Macchi3.jpg

Macchi2.jpg

Macchi5.jpg

Macchi4.jpg

Tonight Dan and I went to the shop and started getting our cars ready for Billetproof this weekend. He only had to detail his, it is pretty much done, but I had to go through mine and tighten every nut and bolt for the long drive.

I pulled my distributor cap to paint it black and found that the center carbon button is almost worn out. I just replaced the cap and rotor about 6 months ago and this one is almost gone. :eek: It is a Mallory Unilite and I called Summit to order a new cap so I have it here this week, and the tech guy told me the reason I am going through caps so fast is that my distributor is not made for "constant use" it is a drag racing unit. I never knew there was such a thing, but I looked at the Unilite in my Sons T bucket and it is different than mine. How I ended up ordering a race unit I have no idea. :confused:

I will put the new cap on and when I get back from Billetproof I will deal with maybe ordering a street version distributor. At $ 35 a cap I will be better off just buying a new distributor rather than changing caps every 6 months.

Don

We did some stuff...

A friend and I worked on the COE (Buford). Finished trimming the firewall and mounted the A/C comp and alternator. :D

Also worked on making front cab mounts. I'm still not happy with what we got so probably gonna "do over". :(

Made a list of stuff to get for the motor to get it running. Ordered an EZWire 21 circuit harness from Ebay.[cl[cl

Lynn

I started cleaning the garage... took down some Christmas lights...put new bushings in the front of my 89 Allante... Drank a couple of Beers!

03-11-2012-11.jpg

Cadman

My son and I took a 45 mile road trip to go pick up a 5 speed tranny and bell housing set up out os a mustang, but when we got there the guy couldn't find it,looks like it spouted legs and ran away, woulda been a good deal for a buck fifty. when we got back, we got busy on the floor of his 1960 Ranchero , we noticed weak floors in it, when we pulled up the carpet, we found it had been poorly patched numerous times. Someone tarred the bottom and took it down a dusty road to disquise it from the outside, so now there's only two big holes on either side of the driveshaft tunnel. Good thing I saved the sheet metal from the sides of a couple vans I scrapped. Tomorrow, we start making replacement panels. Any 1960/1961 Rancheros out there ?

Latest posts

Back