what did you get done this weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bumper sticker for you '24

lc_bs.jpg

I think it hit 63 deg. today. We had family over, so I bought 4 pairs of brown jersey gloves and had grandkids carry parts up the hill to be stored in the trees. I call it my "Tarp Warehouse".

I have got a lot done in the last week. My cowl steering is almost done, the box is mounted, extended pitman shaft built, it's out the side and I am waiting for one little machining operation to finnish that, put the seal kit in the box and bolt it all down. I will still need to run lines but after the engine gets in. And I also got started on my rear frame section. Gardening toook a chunk out of my week tho.

I also started making the fuel tank mounts for the Willys project but I didn't take any pictures of that. I'm way behind. Not much time off of work and too many projects to complete. Next week I hope to get a little more done on the quick change project in my coupe.

You guys are right about the heat, looks like Summer is here already. :( Dan and I went to the shop today and worked on getting his bed finally mounted to the frame, but it was so hot we only got a little done. Even the cats wanted back in their air conditioned office.

I used to love the heat when I first moved to Florida, we would go out for 12 hours fishing and get cooked in the sun. Now it really takes its toll on us.

Don

We just added air conditioning to our house. We only need it maybe 5 days out of the year, but my wife wanted it. I told her not to get the wazoo programmable thermostat, but she did. Saturday was the first day we used it. Now it won't turn off. I had to remove the thermostat to get it to turn off.

Latest posts

Back