What did you get done this weekend!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
The weather has been beautiful here in H-town this weekend & I've been bitten by the garage bug. I worked on channeling my '41 Ford PU yesterday & today I'm gettin' my '62 Nova ragtop out of mothballs for some springtime crusin'. Oil change, battery charge, wash the dust off & I'm ready to cruise! Tonite is gonna be perfect!!!

What u guys been doin'!?

BoB

Took my eldest Grandaughter to the London (Ontario) Auto Show yesterday. She's 8 now, and likes cars in general. The bright flashy paint jobs caught her eye. So did the Tuners with the on board TV's, glitz and glitter. I can appreciate the work and time invested in all builds, but it's the 'rats' and 'rods' that turn my crank. Even the Mini Tractor Pullers were there promoting their hobby. Would invite the kids to sit in the seat, and have their pictures taken, then Email them the picture that evening. Cool concept. I know Autumn liked it. I think I'll have the picture put on 'T' shirts for us both. :) Sniper

Attachments

• Autumn at 2009 Auto Show 2.jpg
    Autumn at 2009 Auto Show 2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 20
Kinda recouping from a vacation trip to GA/NC/SC, but did a lot of grinding and a bit of fabbing today.

Yeah, real nice weather - yesterdays snow is melting. :rolleyes:

Kinda recouping from a vacation trip to GA/NC/SC, but did a lot of grinding and a bit of fabbing today.

Yeah, real nice weather - yesterdays snow is melting. :rolleyes:

I'm doing almost the same thing. Recouping from a vacation trip to TN/VA.

Snow is melting from storm Thurs night and Fri morn.

Getting ready to go to San Diego for work tomorrow.

Went to the first car show of the year around here Friday after work. Sat. shop time, worked on fabing the bulk head for the coupester. Woke up this morning to 2" of nice spring time weather.

Went to corvette expo in seveirville yesterday mostly for the swap meet. Everything gets expensive when it says corvette. Drove the 68 impala up there with a for sale sign, no luck though. I did find a grill for a 42 chevy mine is a 48 but I think it will work.

Rerouted the fuel line on the model a then went to the main st cruise in Mesa in the s-tin. The city council tries to keep the downtown alive and have revived Saturday night cruising once a month. It gets a little rowdyer every time so have to enjoy it while it lasts. Liked the '61 starliner with the 427 SOHC. Went to Bugarama today and saw some neat rat bugs. Sorry, no camera no pix.

Pushing all the snow back, getting ready for the next blow that is started right about now and is supposed to last for the next 30 hours.
I did get my Duraspark/TFI/HEI ignition all built and wired in on the hotrod 300 yesterday

I worked most of Saturday, and went to a wild game dinner at the local Bowman's club. Today I spent most of the day spraying the gunk out of those 283 heads. Man some of that garbage is really on there. I can finally see that the heads are orange in color, lol. Hoping to pull the valves out of it tomorrow and finally get them lapped.

Yesterday i spent most of the day, hooking up our new 52" tv, and HD dvr player, and also got the new surround sound hooked all up to the tv and xbox. The surround sound has a dvd player on the receiver, and it up-verts normal dvd's to play in 1080p HD.

Today, i painted the hood on my 300zx, and enjoyed the tv and watched twilight with the wife. And let me tell ya, drag racing on surround sound is awesome, actually anything on surround sound is awesome but drag racing is pretty wicked.

saturday drove my new ride home,
sunday went to church, came home got the brakes up and the charging going!!! GADSDEN ALABAMA GET TOGETHER, next wekend want to drive it there!!

Attachments

• DSC00487_edited.JPG
    DSC00487_edited.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00489_edited.JPG
    DSC00489_edited.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
Saturday, Cut up most of a 1950 Ford F 5. Me and a buddy went halfs on.
Everything no good loaded up and going to scrap yard. It was a dually it had the biggest pumkin ball I beleave I've ever seen. He got the flathead and 3 speed' I got the cab and title. We split the misc. parts.

I didn't get much done this weekend. I straightened up the shop a bit after our Billetproof Florida thrash that ended last weekend. We mocked up some parts on an engine we will be building for my dad's car. I broke out the new TIG machine we have and practiced with it some since I hadn't used one in years. That's about it.

Friday evening i put in some overtime on a customers truck so he could take delivery saturday at noon. The guy still hasnt showed.

Saturday i spent the better part of the afternoon/evening in the shop finishing my dash, and installing my "new" autopulse fuel pump. Fired her up, now im thinking i dont really need baffles.

Today i went in my back yard and robbed the 9inch out of the '69 Bronco been sitting there since before i moved in.

Beautiful weather. Its about time someone other than me got snow! It was 70 here saturday, and about 55 today. I cant wait to get this pig on the road.

I didn't get much done this weekend. I straightened up the shop a bit after our Billetproof Florida thrash that ended last weekend. We mocked up some parts on an engine we will be building for my dad's car. I broke out the new TIG machine we have and practiced with it some since I hadn't used one in years. That's about it.

Gastrick,
After u're push to get the deuce finished for BP... you definitely deserve a pass but where is a close-up of that trophy?!?!? :D:D:D

BoB

Latest posts

Back