What did YOU ! Have for dinner ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

Here is what i made for my wife,oldest boy,and myself tonight ! Dang sure hit the spot to !

Attachments

• pumpkin-steak 017.jpg
    pumpkin-steak 017.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 52
Not bad, I could go for some good ol' KFC.
I tell ya'll what though when I looked back on this pick I got hungry all over again ! I'm always the guy standing in 3 feet of snow gust grillen' and chilln' like it's 90 outside ! I wanna build me one of those big grills out of the front of a car...Anyone out there have one of those ?

A bowl of chicken noodle soup......

Wife's got me on a diet right along with her.....so it's been light breakfast...lunch and dinner.....I probably need to drop about 15 or 20 lbs but sure miss my Oreo Cookies....:(

good stuff

"hey grampa, what's for supper"

homemade biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, toast and butter with a huge glass milk and hot coffee:D

"yum, yum"

Later:cool:

A bowl of chilli - Texas style! - just peppers, spices, and meat. The rest of my wife's salad, and a couple small pieces of chicken breast basted in habanero jelly. AND the rest of the rhubarb custard pie (my all time favorite!)

It was a good day. :D

All sounds real good guys (well accept for the diet part)Keep it coming.I could stand to lose 15-20 but I like being a fatty way to much..... 6'1 and 230 lbs.

I usually do the cooking but tonight I got lazy so I went to Publix and got their 8 pc fried chicken, one of those frozen mashed potato things, and some Steamer brocolli. Add a can of chicken gravy for the mashed potatoes and a cold Miller, dinner was served.

BTW, if you guys haven't tried the frozen mashed potatoes, do it. They are real close to home mashed and take like 5 minutes in the microwave.

I'm also a big fan of crockpots, we have a small one and a huge one. I toss a pork roast and some cabbage in there, or a whole chicken and red potatoes and stuff like that, and at the end of the night it is a whole meal in a pot.

Don

My wife and I split the cooking up pretty evenly....she makes a mean chicken fried steak,and I make (now this is just what i'm told) a Great sirloin steak.
For the most part I do the grilling,and she does the other stuff. Tomorrow she has promised a chuck roast,with baby taters,carrots,and onions ! In the morning it's either gunna be I make chocolate gravy,or she'll do muffins depending on who gets up first. Lunch is usually pretty basic sandwich,or a frozen burrito. I'm big on eating as a family though,since we moved to amarillo its been grab and go when we could and starve when we couldn. Then I show up to work to find they cut my pay down to less than it cost me to pay my bills not counting gas/food. So I quit there and started doing what I could to keep the bills paid,and am searching for a full timer.I am taking advantage to the family time now for sure,I would rather be unemployed with my family than rich and never see them. I was working an average of about 15 hours a day for 10.75 an hour ! 7 days a week.

I do the cooking in my house :)
Tonight we had Chori pollo y aroza.....chorizo chicken and rice.
I made homemade pumpkin pie and.corn pumpkin muffins

I actually had toasted ravioli (frozen). I normally eat out because I literaly don't know the first thing about cooking. But with prices going through the roof and the economy the way it is I'm currently taking a cooking class at the local college here in St. Pete. It's comical at best, but at least I'm learning something new. I never paid attention in home-ec class and Mom had no patience for me in her kitchen. Plus back then I'd rather work on my GTO then learn how to cook anyway! :cool:

-Troy

The funny thing is that by the time you buy the meat, potatoes, side dish, etc to make dinner, it ends up almost as expensive as just going out to eat. The only difference is that you end up with leftovers you can eat for lunch the next day.........and I love leftovers. :D

If there is a benefit to this economy it is that almost every fast food place and restaurant now has specials and coupons out there. My Son Dan and I use a lot of the 2 for 1 coupons to eat out, and it ends up pretty cheap. There is one seafood place we like and they always have a 2 for 1 coupon in the flyers we get in the mail, so we go there a lot.

Don

I'm also a big fan of crockpots, we have a small one and a huge one. I toss a pork roast and some cabbage in there, or a whole chicken and red potatoes and stuff like that, and at the end of the night it is a whole meal in a pot.

Don

Crockpots are a slippery slope. My wife discovered all these easy recipes and started buying up crockpots. We now have 7. Yes 7. Some big, some medium, some tiny for dips & such.

SEVEN! [S

Holy crap on the 7 crock pots....And I do agree on the cost to even cook at home these days,it's crazy !

Crockpots are a slippery slope. My wife discovered all these easy recipes and started buying up crockpots. We now have 7. Yes 7. Some big, some medium, some tiny for dips & such.

SEVEN! [S

Haha, your wife is like me, I love gadgets. Every once in a while my Son Dan complains because I have the counters crowded with food processors, steamers, toasters, crockpots, electric can openers, George Foreman grillers, choppers, etc. When I cook dinner it looks like I am cooking for 400 people, but there are just the two of us. I can't go to the store without finding some new tool to make my cooking life easier. :eek:

Don

Latest posts

Back