What do you think about the new Camero?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyesore

When I first saw the new Camero in the pictures, I thought it was really good looking. Now that I'm finally seeing them out on the street I think they look like cartoons. I could probably live with the front end, but that rear end really looks odd to me. I'm sorry if anyone has one and and loves it, I apologize, but I think they are weird looking. Same for the new '10 Mustang. I love the front end but could care less about the new rear end.

ISore

X2. I think the Challenger and Camaro are not very aesthetically appealling. The Mustang is a bit better IMHO....better body lines and a sexier appearance.

OMG, I just complimented a Henry!! Someone call 911!!!!:eek:

I just wish these automakers would just take the molds of say..a 69 Camaro and just reproduce these RETRO styled muscle cars the way they rolled off the line back in the 60's! Have a modern driveline and suspension....but just keep the exact same lines as the car they are trying to replicate!

And WTF with the Dodge Charger???? There was never a 4 DOOR until this new style came out!

X2. I think the Challenger and Camaro are not very aesthetically appealling. The Mustang is a bit better IMHO....better body lines and a sexier appearance.

OMG, I just complimented a Henry!! Someone call 911!!!!:eek:

I have to agree although I like the Challenger more than the others![cl
As far as complimenting a Henry, nothing wrong with that!:D
I too would like to see them recreate a classic in its exact originality, but it won't happen. So we take them as close as we can get. The Challenger and Mustang are somewhat close, but the PRICE is as far away from the original as you can get![S..........CR

i think the nw camaro looks a little "outta whack"

the challenger and 2005-2009 ponys look good IMO

and i just complimented a mopar!? :eek:

I'd take anyone of them. The companies have all said they are moving forward and have no intentions of going backwards.

Besides you can get brand new repro 67-68 Mustang fastback and 69 Camaros bodies and make yourself one. A Challenger is probably not far behind.

Last edited:
I think GM failed the Camaro again but the Mustang (2010 not so much) and Challenger looks real good. I did come real close to buying a 09 R/T Challenger but instead I bought my wife a 09 Toyota. I can only speak for myself, but if I could get any one of the three bare bones with all the go fast goodies I would be more inclined to buy one.

Like most of you, I think the Challenger and Mustangs are not bad at all, but the Camaro is strange. The front looks like it belongs in one of the cartoon car movies, like it is smiling or something. And the square exhaust tips are really out of place.

Of them all, I probably would buy a Challenger if I were car shopping. Chevy just doesn't seem to be able to nail the retro car thing......that SSR or whatever it's called truck missed the mark too in my opinion.

Don

I just wish these automakers would just take the molds of say..a 69 Camaro and just reproduce these RETRO styled muscle cars the way they rolled off the line back in the 60's! Have a modern driveline and suspension....but just keep the exact same lines as the car they are trying to replicate!

And WTF with the Dodge Charger???? There was never a 4 DOOR until this new style came out!

agreed,, the mustang the mopar(except the charger) then the camaro,,
the stang is thebest looking one,, i think the two other car makers are trying to go to futuristic! with the materals we have today, i see no reason why the car makers could bring back the old body styles and still be a eco freindly car! 1954 and older designs for me , IMO!!![cl

Yep, I agree with you all. The rear of the stang looks like a botched custom job on a 90's Monte rear. The Camaro falls short, but is still WAY better than the last Camaro. The Challenger, I don't really have a problem with.

NO! Don't reproduce a past muscle car. How would you like if you spent 5 years restoring a Chevelle just to have GM make 50,000 new ones!? Half the coolness of the old cars is that they are not common anymore.

I want to see them make a Cadillac the size of a 60 Deville. Just call the trunk lid a tonneau cover and pass it off as a luxury SUV. :D Bet they'd sell a bunch.

To me the challanger looks most like the original, something with the body lines and the front & rear. The camero and stang just look too cartoonish. Like they both got stung by a bee. That, and when those cars came out in the 60's- 70's about anyone could afford one. These cars today, who can afford one?:confused:

Awesome auto...

I really like the new Camaro. I have a 1968... 327 and would like a 2009 ss in my garage !!!

To me the challanger looks most like the original, something with the body lines and the front & rear. The camero and stang just look too cartoonish. Like they both got stung by a bee. That, and when those cars came out in the 60's- 70's about anyone could afford one. These cars today, who can afford one?

My 68 Fastback
004-2.jpg

302 Ford Motorsport Crate, Edelbrock Streetmaster and Edelbrock 500cfm carb, Tri-Y Headers, C4 auto, MSD ignition system
026.jpg

And, my 1971 Dodge Challenger "Plum Crazy"
DSC_0009-1.jpg

340 "LA" 4 barrel, Stock intake and Carter Thermoquad, 4 speed, 3.55 Suregrip
IMG_0907.jpg

dmw56, we hate you!:D:D you've got 2 of my dream cars...I love the Challenger and its the right color too![cl....CR

I would have to agree with most, outta the three cars the Mustang hands down. If it wasnt for the kid I know the g/f would be driving one right now, she just loves them.

One of the guys I work with, he and his dad just picked up a new Camaro. He seems to really like it, his only real complaint is how it is such a forward driving car (very much a track car feel), basically said if you want to back up you almost have to hang out the door. I would also have to agree that the body lines look a little disproportionate and almost cartoon like. But then again there havent been many cars in the last few years that don't look like they popped out of a bubble machine...

Everbody likes the new 2010 mustang.

When I first saw the new Camero in the pictures, I thought it was really good looking. Now that I'm finally seeing them out on the street I think they look like cartoons. I could probably live with the front end, but that rear end really looks odd to me. I'm sorry if anyone has one and and loves it, I apologize, but I think they are weird looking. Same for the new '10 Mustang. I love the front end but could care less about the new rear end.

ISore

Never like the last few years of the Camero. Still trying like the new 2010 Mustang. To many cops with Mustang on the street and it makes me not like them because of the law thing. [ddev

Latest posts

Back