What do you think? Builders please look!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe others have pretty much covered what you need to know about that Chevy as a potential project. That being said, it looks like a fairly decent car taking into consideration the wood issue. PS - That looks like a model A Ford grille shell.

I believe others have pretty much covered what you need to know about that Chevy as a potential project. That being said, it looks like a fairly decent car taking into consideration the wood issue. PS - That looks like a model A Ford grille shell.

It is a Model A shell.

picked up a 31 chev,a couple years ago for $800,complete except for motor/trans. it was in a barn fire, and a beam fell on it.it was the first time i really pounded on some metal,so it took me a while to get things back in shape.then started on the inner structure,did not have any of the original wood,so it was kind of time consuming too.but i think it will be well worth the effort.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 27
well, the ball is in your court don, what are you going to do?

it looks pretty good. the roof looks good as well, it could be removed cheap if you didnt like it. look at my build in the begining, youll see what i had to do with the wood. if you didnt disturb it to much bring it home and everything stayed put. you would be farther off than i was.

don, ya need to take them hemi's and stack them. put your quads on top of the hemi's. pull in the car and go, lol.

well did you get ahold of them?

I went and looked at it. It's a 31 Chevy. Has a roll down rear window. The current owner thinks it was a hot rod in the 60's.

Some info.....Frame is boxed half way back. front juice brakes, a rear end from the sixties, used to have a gold metal flake paint job, some bondo and glass work, filled roof, factory Chevy front end, battery box wear the rear seat would have been, wood frame is there needs replaced or a metal frame used, body seems to be well attached to the frame, no hinge pins for the doors so they are hard to open but the gaps look good, deck lid not mounted, factory steering box, window hard wear is still in the doors so is the rear window hard wear.

I just don't know why I didn't buy it. Maybe it's just because I am new to this.

I just don't know why I didn't buy it. Maybe it's just because I am new to this.

Sometimes it's just hard to pull the trigger. I am still kicking myself about the A Sedan I passed on a couple of months ago. I havent seen anything that cheap, in that condition since. If it bothers you more to think about not having it as it does letting it pass, call him back and drop off the money... I'd almost be willing to say that'd be a deal I wouldn't pass up even if I had to drive from here to there to get it.

I have found that when I am reluctant to "pull the trigger" there is usually some underlying reason. Ask yourself; Is it too big a job for me right now? Would I prefer another brand or body style? Do I have the money, time & equipment to build it in a reasonable amount of time?
Be honest with yourself.

I have found that when I am reluctant to "pull the trigger" there is usually some underlying reason. Ask yourself; Is it too big a job for me right now? Would I prefer another brand or body style? Do I have the money, time & equipment to build it in a reasonable amount of time?
Be honest with yourself.

Here's the deal.....I can not even weld. LOL!!!! But all the stuff needed is at dad's house.

Being in the "collecting" phase of my RR, I could just buy it then sell it later if I decide not to use it.

I really wanted the hemi all done before I bought a car. Although, I could use the frame and such for another biuld down the road. Maybe a roadster. To much to think about.

Be honest with yourself.

Unless you're "totally in love" with that EXACT body style, then maybe you're better off to pass on it. Motivation can be hard to come by later on when the damn thing's in a million pieces, taking up your entire garage. Suddenly, your thoughts become "Why the F**K did I buy this thing, anyway!?!" The little truck in my avitar pic is in just that sad state right now. I bought it the summer before my little girls turned two...they'll be six next month. I haven't even turned a wrench on it for two years, except to change a dead battery this summer so I could start it and move it around.

Nice as it would be to "BUILD" a car, I really wish I could afford the dough to buy a solid, well-built Advance Design Chevy pickup driver. Something I could just tinker with, not needing a total rebuild.... Oh well, maybe in my next life...;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back