What do you think of this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearcamp

Started sanding and came up with this. I think I like it and just might flat clear coat it like it is. What do you think?

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 069.jpg
    069.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 184
Looks good so far but think about how and where wear occurs. There would probably be more wear around the leading edge of the grill area in the last photo and not so much in the middle. The door areas look good. Just my opinion.

Toad

I dont care for the door runs,I DO love the color combinations when sanded thru!!! Try and remember..edges take a beating as do places around door handles,running boards,ect(natural wear). But wadda i know Im just a newbie!

I think I like the door runs. Really need to see the whole thing at once to get a better idea.

Someday I'd like to try that on something, but do it as scallops.

mine naturally had this look.

but sadly I dont like it. over seventy years of brush painting and left mine red white blue and green. Ill post a pic but notice the parts facing up got the worst of it.p.s befor and after

Attachments

• wheel 30.jpg
    wheel 30.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 63
  • wheel 40.jpg
    wheel 40.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 64
Not a big fan of fake patina.

After owning dozens of cars with real patina, I can spot that kind of stuff from a mile away.

I prefer the "dull paint job" if the aged look is desired. Usually achieved by applying a base coat only, or a base coat with a matte finish top coat.

But paint is not cheap, and not everyone can do it.....so whatever makes you happy, go for it.

Latest posts

Back