What Flathead 8BA Intake would you run?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

If you have the option of the following, what would you run for an intake on a Flatead 8BA. Did I miss any options?

Basic manifold with 1x4 barrel carb
Basic manifold with 2x2 carbs
High rise Thicksun manifold with 2x2 carbs
Eddie Meyers Intake running 2x2 carbs
Weiand 142 Series Supercharger w/1x4 carb
Weiand 142 Series Supercharger w/2x2 carbs
Any setup just add progressive Nitrous!

One thing I'd like to keep, if possible, is the stock location of the generator. It's not necessary, but a bonus. I know that can't be done if it's blown.
Sid

Everything about a flathead is expensive. Everytime I say "flathead" I loose $20.

Sid

If plan on makin some road trips with your flathead I would go with single 4 barrel or 2 x 2s. The 2 x 2 looks cooler than the 4 barrel. Back in the day most of the guys runnin 3 twos seemed to be over carbed and many would unhook the end carbs to make it drivable. IMO you waste money puttin a blower on a flathead. They don't breath well enough and don't have the bottom end strength, you know you're goin the mash the gas every once in awhile and you may blow that little flathead into little pieces and that is a bad feeling.:eek:

If plan on makin some road trips with your flathead I would go with single 4 barrel or 2 x 2s. The 2 x 2 looks cooler than the 4 barrel. Back in the day most of the guys runnin 3 twos seemed to be over carbed and many would unhook the end carbs to make it drivable. IMO you waste money puttin a blower on a flathead. They don't breath well enough and don't have the bottom end strength, you know you're goin the mash the gas every once in awhile and you may blow that little flathead into little pieces and that is a bad feeling./QUOTE]

If you put a blower on a flat head you just dont throw it on their you have to BUILD the motor from the beginning with a blower in mind. BTW no stock motor has the bottom end for a blower or SC so its not just flat heads unless of course it came from the factory with a SC/blower.

blown flathead - $30,000 = 250 horse power :eek: so not worth it

2x2 carb set up has the cool factory + gives plenty of fuel to move on down the road, when working on an old flat I try to use old vintage parts on the outside of the motor just to keep it period but they do cost some money!

here is a pretty cool site that makes some Edmunds repro stuff http://www.vintagespeed.com

Latest posts

Back