What gage is this metal.?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

I was making a delivery today and started talking to the guy who signs my bill.Say he can get sheets of .050 metal,4 x 12 feet for 60.00.What gage would it make it..? Want to start making my bed and side rails for the bed.

I was making a delivery today and started talking to the guy who signs my bill.Say he can get sheets of .050 metal,4 x 12 feet for 60.00.What gage would it make it..? Want to start making my bed and side rails for the bed.

There is no real .050 gauge is sheet steel, it could be 18 gauge that comes out at .0478 or 17 gauge at .0538. Either one would make a good truck bed. If you plan on putting in some beads the 18 gauge would be easier.

metal gauges

without knowing the exact material that it is you are correct in saying that it is between 17 and 18 gauge steel. $60.00 bucks is worth it, but in our neck of the woods 18 gauge steel runs at that price for 4 x 10 sheets. Some metals gauge out heavier or lighter from the mills and can not be a gauge heavier based on metal guidelines from the mill, and the metals industry, Ie; meets the max in 18 gauge, but not the minimum in 17 gauge...so it is a heavy 18 ga. can't wait to see pics after you form it, and use the materials you are refering too.

Latest posts

Back