What is this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing I laugh about in sales..

"It used to run with no problems..."

Well, no poop. This 1929 Ford Model A used to run too back in 1932 with no problems, but looks like it hasn't run in the past 50 years!!! lol

Another "as far as I know..." Well, that's just an out so they don't have to make any gaurentees... lol..

I was in the market for a used deer rifle years ago, and the guy wanted way more than the gun was worth. he kept preaching that he paid allot for it, because it had a custom made stock, designed to fit his arm and shoulder perfectly.. "That was expensive.." I kept trying to explain to him how I was supposed to benefit by an expensive custom stock built for HIS shoulder.. hahhah.. He couldn't understand why i didn't see any value in the custom stock.. lol

You might have figured out by now, over the years, I have done allot of horse trading.. hahhah

LOL yeah i have figured that out and I am learning from your knowledge! I posted something on page two about the old jeep too Tudor. And I personally love the "it used to run" or "it ran when it was parked" well DUH do you reckon its still runnning NOW. LOL

I would be..

Dont know if you can see but a limb fell on it and crushed the roof. All trim is inside the jeep and the rear doors were off when the limb fell so they are good. Guy said he thought about jacking the roof back up and trying to straighten the roof out and lost interest. But it can be bought for $200. Interior is shot but the old jeep looks pretty cool.

Tudor if you are interested I can get more pics for ya! I thought about buying it just to part it out...???

But my priority is my 48 Plymouth right now, and GA is too far for me to go make a project pick up. At least until Spring anyway... But, thanks for the offer. I someday would love to have that. $200 is a steel, if for nothing else but the parts.. That front clip is a hot commodity alone in the Jeep circle.. I am a member of a huge Jeep club too, and I know foke that would kill just for that front clip. The grille alone if it is in decent and complete shape you would pay $200 for.

I take that back..

please do get more pictures and info on that Jeep if you could. If I don't steal it, I know alot who would who are closer..

i will get some more Tudor and depending on how he acts i may go ahead and buy it so it doesn't go to the scraper...would hate to see that. I will let you know when I get more pics.

Yeah that would suk.

I hate seeing stuff like that crushed. Especially the grille and front clip, because there is a huge market for that in the Jeep circles. Allot of classic iron was crushed a couple years ago when the price of scrap iron was at an all time high. I was livid, because I couldn't save all I saw being crushed. Of course, that only makes what we have more sought after, but still. Should be a crime to crush that stuff.. I need to call the president to see if he can sign that into bill.

On that International... definately a '55 or '56. If it has 4 wheel drive that will confirm it for you.The gear ratios in those trucks are high (4.10) so you won't be able to make it go stock more than 45-50 if its running like a peach.

My old IH...

On that International... definately a '55 or '56. If it has 4 wheel drive that will confirm it for you.The gear ratios in those trucks are high (4.10) so you won't be able to make it go stock more than 45-50 if its running like a peach.

Wasn't geared so low, and it went 0-60 in 3.5....

(that is days by the way, not seconds.. :rolleyes:)

It is a 4x4. I think 56 was the first year but I might be wrong there. I disagree that 4:10s are only good for 45-50. That truck has tires that are 31-32 inches tall, it should cruise 60 easy with 4:10s. My F250 has 4.10s and 65-70 is no problem for the 300-6 in 4th. But it could also have 4.56s or even 4.88s, lots of those old trucks did. I had a 57 F350 for a daily driver for a couple years. It had 5:13s and I routinely drove it 65. It was a 312 V8 though.
I am looking at a 56 just like it, all complete and in pretty decent shape. He was asking $950 but his kid told me today he would probably take $750 and payments if I wanted. So your seller is in the ball-park pricewise I think

Latest posts

Back