what kind of car is this ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankee Transplant

He started out with nothing, he still has most of
my sister knows I love cars ,,, this was at a salvage yard .. I guess its his private collection ,, not for sale .. I just didnt know what it was .... Plymouth
fury maybe ???

ply.jpg

AMC always had styling that was a little off of center. Or their motor decisions were off. Come to think of it, they never seemed to get any car spot on.

Aww c'mon, how about the first gen Javelins and the AMX ?, they were seriously cool cars..... I know it's hard not to think of some of their other styling faux pas like the Pacer and Gremlin... [S

Aww c'mon, how about the first gen Javelins and the AMX ?, they were seriously cool cars..... I know it's hard not to think of some of their other styling faux pas like the Pacer and Gremlin... [S

For some gold awful reason my son is in love with the ugly fish bowl pacers. One of the ugliest things built IMO

Gotta agree....the Pacer and the Gremlin? Hard to believe that several people were involved in the styling, and the harder to believe that someone else must have approved it???

Truth be told though, I had a Gremlin back in the late 70's...drove that thing back and forth to work for several years....and took some real ribbing at work for driving it.

Rambler did have a few good hits. Their engines weren't that bad. I remember around 1971 a certain AMX with a 390 that was pounding the big three on a drag strip near my college town. And I had a buddy with a Gemlin X, 304 stick shift car that put more than one SS Chevelle to shame. Pacer, well, eh, yeah, no. But it is a cult car. And let's not forget the badass little Scrambler.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ront_Shore-of_Lake_Michigan_in_Kenosha_WI.JPG

now come on fellas i love amc's and i really like their wedge motore 290 - 401. they have some great inlines too. i'm trying to gether the parts for a 67 rambler 220 to be setup with a 304 4 speed.

'Nuther one from the same weekly show. Who would thought there would be two Marlins at one small show.?

It's a 1964 AMC Marlin. Way before Mopar came out with there fastback Charger. Every car company made some pretty ugly cars some still are.

My AMC's 1970 AMX
007-1.jpg
[/URL]

65 Rambler Classic 660

Latest posts

Back