What parts are good from a .........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpswino

What parts would yall recommend I salvage from an 82' Camaro (minus motor and tranny)?

Gonna try to use one of those D50 frames but I'm figuring there has got to be something good on this car I can steal. I could pull it off and put it in a corner for later. The rest of the car I need to get out of the shop to make space.

Just thought I'd ask and see if there were a few particular good items for the taking that I should save before I "adios" this thing. Maybe none of it?

You could ebay some small parts like tail lights, 3rd brake lite. Interior parts like door panels, arm rests, center consol, shifter, brake handle, steering column. If it's Z28 it has the only fibergalss hood made by the factory,some of the suspension parts are marketable, sway bars and such. The rear axle could be used under a rat. After u strip it u get about $5 a 100lbs at the recycler!![cl

What parts would yall recommend I salvage from an 82' Camaro....

Everything. Every nut, bolt, screw, bracket, bulb, gauges, steering column, seats, rear end, front brakes, wiring, etc. When there's nothing left but a completely stripped shell that should do it.

I've cut pedal assemblies outta donors that I've used, ya might snag yours just in case.. Shifter, steering wheel/colum/box, front brakes/caliper/rotors mastercylinder brakelines&regulator sometimes can be used in different applications A frames/bushings. Any parking brake system might be used. Various cables--hood release etc sometimes..

Eyeball some top-hood-body lines/curves for use later for things like tranny or driveshaft humps etc..

Butchering a donor is pleasant work..:)

Its all blue sky..

PA41

Last edited:
Good point, choppin' is fun! I guess I wasn't thinking about chopping the sheet metal for re-purposing. Good point! The problem now is I gotta find room for this darn camaro cause I want to save the whole shibang. Now that you mention it, I guess I can re-purpose the whole deal! [cl

Does anyone else feel like they don't have enough space? :rolleyes:

:D

The sub frame on those are popular as well. Should be able to sell that for some cash.

BSW

Nope. Sorry. :eek:

1982-1992 Camaros and Firebirds were a totally different animal, with Macpherson strut type front suspension...The one's with the popular swapper's subframe were the previous generation, about '70 1/2 up to '81.

Don't want to come off as a jerk, I'd just hate to see somebody waste time cutting the front off of a gen 3 F-body for no good use.

Regards,
Shea:)

You are correct. I must of misread the original post for I thought it was an earlier year. Probably need a little more sleep. My mistake. Do not need to worry about coming off as a jerk you are just stating the facts.

BSW

Yep it has Macpherson strut. 1982 was the first vintage of the completely new car of the 80's. I have owned both a 78' and 79' Z-28 and that generation F-body was way different. There are coil springs on the rear as well where the older generation had leaf springs. But I have a spare posi rear that came out of a leaf spring camaro laying around. I'm trying to think how it can be used.

BUT.......I'm trying to think how I can make this all cool or useable, but that may be impossible. I'm gonna save it anyways for now.

Latest posts

Back