What rat rods are to me.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratrod94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwevOfIUqA There was a guy on this video who commented saying. "Or you could just buy some firestone whitwalls". To me thats not what rat rods are all about. To me a rat rod is built with what you got. i understand sometimes you need to buy a body and maybe an engine and transmission rear end if you dont have that lying around. But to me a rat rod is put together with what you have. You dont go out and buy brand new for it. Thats what make them fun to build. You're able to let your imagination go wild. And be proud of what you have. Like this summer i will be getting the 84 Ford Ranger from my Grandpa. and i want to put a 30's-40's Ford truck cab on it and make it into a rat rod. thats just my opinion on rats. what are your thoughts?[S

You are correct. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't build a ride out of new parts. Half the fun is the headache and challenge of figuring out how to make something work, with what you have. The guys with the 50,000 $$ "rat rod", with the new tube frame, crate motor, high tech suspension, 15,000 $$ fake rust paint job, can't imagine making a rod out of used, throwed away parts. Too much work, I guess. Just buy a new one. My old rusted out Ghia will be built like I want it, be as loud as I want it and if the rich guys don't like it, or don't appreciate the amount of thought and labor involved, well, that's their problem. I didn't ask them to come look at my work. And I hope I don't have to ask them to leave.

fun

ask and thou shall receive, especially 'round here[P

1. l have more fun with my low buck rides than l ever had with my high dollar "don't touch" rides. letting people touch it, sit in it and generally maul it makes me happy:D

2. freedom

3. one of a kind ideas people come up with.

4. odd stuff ya don't see every day and vary rarely do ya see yourself comin' at ya on the road. only happened once in the 18 years l've owned the 1948 dodge truck. l seriously doubt it will EVER happen in the street legal race car thing when it's done.

5. fun:)confused:)in building something out of pretty much nothing.

6. only real rules to follow is safety, 'couse crashing SUCKS!!:eek:

7. the look on the cops face when he pulls you over. happens all the time in my friends street legal spring car almost every time it goes to new town, the cops here know it and don't bother him anymore( but it took 2 years) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0sEAKGwxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAd_b2jTnXk

8. spending time with family and friends working on them or at the shows, better than holidays to me[ddd

Later :cool:

ask and thou shall receive, especially 'round here[P

1. l have more fun with my low buck rides than l ever had with my high dollar "don't touch" rides. letting people touch it, sit in it and generally maul it makes me happy:D

2. freedom

3. one of a kind ideas people come up with.

4. odd stuff ya don't see every day and vary rarely do ya see yourself comin' at ya on the road. only happened once in the 18 years l've owned the 1948 dodge truck. l seriously doubt it will EVER happen in the street legal race car thing when it's done.

5. fun:)confused:)in building something out of pretty much nothing.

6. only real rules to follow is safety, 'couse crashing SUCKS!!:eek:

7. the look on the cops face when he pulls you over. happens all the time in my friends street legal spring car almost every time it goes to new town, the cops here know it and don't bother him anymore( but it took 2 years) :D

8. spending time with family and friends working on them or at the shows, better than holidays to me[ddd

Later :cool:

[clWell it looks like ya just came up with the 8 commandments of"Rat rodding"! !

darn

striptnut "Well it looks like ya just came up with the 8 commandments of"Rat rodding"

W0W, now l am thouroughly embarrassed:eek:

Later:eek:

Latest posts

Back