What seat fit

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye31

What kind of seat are you using in your 29-31 ford. I am looking for some seats for my 30 sedan and truck. the bucket seats I have are to wide.they fit but they get smooshed when I close the doors.would like a bench for the truck and buckets for the sedan these cars are going to be cruisers so I don't think the bomber style seats will be cumfortable on long trips.

An early to mid 90's Plymouth van bench seat should be a good choice for the truck. Probably just narrow enough to fit. I'm talking about the bench seat that mounts right behind the front buckets.

My Mustang seats were too wide for the space available. I took the seat cover off and found that the foam could be trimmed to make the seats narrower without any detrimental side effects. I also remored the headrest and the bracket that held it in place to give more room to the back of the cab.

It might work for you.

Cut-down patio chairs with a mesh fabric on them. Because i don't like hot sticky vinyl.

I saw several boat-type seats at Northern Tool that looked like they would work well, and some even had the seat tracks to slide back and forth.

A friend of mine has a 29 sedan with 67 chevy vans seats in it,short backs, narrow because of the engine cover and they fit nice.

The rear bucket seats from Lumina minivans are probably designed for kids, but I have a pair in my '36 Ford pickup and they are pretty comfortable. They just latch to the floor in the vans so they are very easy to remove at the junkyard. They have nice sliders that I bolted to wedge shaped risers in my truck.

Gary

I used a pair of front seats from a 60's bull nose Saab. Fit perfect in my T. An A is wider so they would fit great.

I suppose the only problem now would be to find a pair.:D

The rear bucket seats from Lumina minivans are probably designed for kids, but I have a pair in my '36 Ford pickup and they are pretty comfortable. They just latch to the floor in the vans so they are very easy to remove at the junkyard. They have nice sliders that I bolted to wedge shaped risers in my truck.

Gary

A friend of mine used those in a A speedster and they are great. Also I have seen the narrower back seat from a Dodge Caravan used in an A coupe and it fir perfect.

seat

dodge caravan 3rd row in my 44 chevy
newseat-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back