What should i build????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooManyIdeas

Hello everyone. here is my dilemma i am fixing to turn 21 i am married have my own house and such and i just started working as a body man. I'm starting to make some money and I'm wanting to build something. i grew up around cars (in a junkyard) my dad is a body man and my grand paw is a mechanic. i have had a variety of cars and trucks but i want something that is my own. my choices of what i want to build are a

1967ish galxie 500 2 door hard top (because you dont see many of them)
mustang fastback 1964-1970
rat rod 1948-1952 ford truck (because nobody around has one)
ford ranger pro street style 1984-1988

i dont know which direction to take. What is your honest opinion and what should i do?

Thanks for the help.

Oh, I'd build a 68 Mustang Fastback like this:
003-1.jpg

Or a 48-52 Ford truck like this:

003-29.jpg

But that's just me! :D

Build them all. Most of us on here have a bucket list of "someday I'm going to build" cars............I have a few of my own. Start with the one you want the worst and then go from there.

For the first one though, I would suggest something that is reasonably easy to finish up. I've seen so many guys get discouraged because they get in over their heads financially or otherwise, and then bail out. If you start with something you can drive or at least not spend a lot of time and money on to get it running, you stand a better chance of finishing it up.

Don

Attachments

• 1948 F1.JPG
    1948 F1.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1948 F1-3.JPG
    1948 F1-3.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 1948 F1-7.JPG
    1948 F1-7.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1948 F1-2.JPG
    1948 F1-2.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 1948 F1-1.JPG
    1948 F1-1.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 6
I would keep my options open and see what you can find in good shape for a good price,rather then just those specific choices. Stuff adds up pretty fast after you buy something,so if you try to get somethingas complete and as close to what you want to end uo with,would be best for a first project,

thanks everyone
I'm leaning toward the rat rod side because it can be exactly what i want it to be and i have access to a bunch of ford parts from 1940-1980 so parts aren't that much of a problem the new/shiny stuff is what is gonna coast.
I have a 1948 ford cab now.So many options so little time.:D

Latest posts

Back