What was this? Ford V8 emblem on metal rod.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sid

I picked this up at a garage sale the other day and though I could use the emblem on my trucks grill. He had another that said "Deluxe". Does anyone know what its use was originally for?

IMG_2927.jpg
IMG_2928.jpg
IMG_2929.jpg

Thanks,

Sid

Great idea. I was wondering where to mount the nitrous switch on my current build. Just adding a little Edlebrock 50 shot to my flatty.

Sid

Yes, I did score on the flathead engine with the merc crank for $50. All I have left is the valve train then into the shop. I am a tad bit concerned that all the cylinders where sleeved. Hopefully they all mag well. It will help make up for the thousands I've spent on other flathead engines only to find out they're scrap.

Sid

Yep, '37 Ford stuff. Same as my Banjo wheel uses, got it in my hand to compare, looks identical.
If you are going to take it apart to paint it, be real careful bending the four tabs that hold the button on. After 70-odd years stuff gets a tad brittle.
Oh, by the way, there is no light switch there, just the switch knob. The switch was down on the bottom of the steering box.

Latest posts

Back