What year is it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

When your driving a rat rod, how do you answer this question? I get it all the time and my usual response is "What part?"

I was pumpin gas the other day and the cashier actually walked outside to look at my ride. Asks "what year?" I tell him it ranges from '28 to '86. Then he says "1928???" Heres your sign...

Just start singing the Johnny Cash song next time some one ask what year it is. Tell them its a 49,59,51,52,53 automobile..................:p
I tell them its a pile of parts but mainly a 67, or a 1967 for the simple people.:D
Tim

1940??? Really??? I don't think I ever heard of a Studebaker...who made them?

I just smile and say Studebaker was the manufacturer. They made cars until 1966

P8317317.jpg

(in a shaky j. cash voice) welllllllllllllllllllllllll. itsa, 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 auto--mobile!

works everytime.dp1

Besides the "what year is it" question, the other one I get is "I'm confused. I see a shifter but only two pedals.":confused: I explain it's a Lokar shifter for the automatic transmission. Sometimes they look amazed and say "Well, isn't that something!" :D:D

Don

I had an older fellow come out to the gas pump and say "37 chevy, right?" and he was. Then he said, mine didn't look quite the same. "There's something different looking about yours!" Could be the 4inch chop or no hood with a tunnel ram sticking up in the air, or the pro street tires and mags. Always good for a laugh.:D:D.........CR

Just start singing the Johnny Cash song next time some one ask what year it is. Tell them its a 49,59,51,52,53 automobile..................:p
I tell them its a pile of parts but mainly a 67, or a 1967 for the simple people.:D
Tim

I used that line 25 years ago when people ask me what year my Harley was, I told them the same year as Johnny Cash's Cadillac. Nobody ever got it.
I just tell them my rod is titled as a 29 Model A pickup.

Latest posts

Back