What Year Is This Axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratcrazy

Brought this axle the other day and the seller did not know the year. After doing some cleaning on it I discovered "Ford" stamped on the backing plates so that answered one question I had. Axle casting number is 21Y-3010.

I now need to know what year it is. I think it came off a 3/4-1 ton truck by the looks of the drums. Also the drums have right and left hand threads on them with a fairly wide bolt pattern. Lugs are about 1-1/8 dia.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Larry

Attachments

• DSCF1154.jpg
    DSCF1154.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1157.jpg
    DSCF1157.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1158.jpg
    DSCF1158.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1159.jpg
    DSCF1159.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1160.jpg
    DSCF1160.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF1162.jpg
    DSCF1162.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 11
Thanks guys.

One more question if I may. On the backing plates there are what looks like some sort of cam that adjust something, what is this for? None of the brake parts were with the axle when I bought it and was just wondering what purpose this served.

Thanks,
Larry

Thanks dmw56 for that pic.

Are the brake parts readily available for this type of brake system? If so would you happen to have the numbers on the parts so I will know what to ask for when I go to buy them?

Thanks,
Larry

Thanks again dmw56. Being I only have the backing plates I need everything else. Wheel cylinders, springs, clips and shoes.
Glad to hear parts are still around.

Larry

Latest posts

Back