what year s10?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotwrench4hire

Whats the best year range of a s10 pick up to be used as a donor frame and suspension for a early model pick up build?
I will link the rear and z the frame to lower the cab, thanks! [P

I believe youre right on the years. a few notes though. I would look at the way those frames are built cause they have a crazy shape at the front of the cab. I would have needed to do a ton of work to squeeze my 44 gmc on the one that came with it. also on s10 s lowering is cheap! well at least cheaper and way easier than a Z on that frame. 50s chevys sit almost right on them though.

You will find your '50 International is a little too wide for the S-10 track. It will fit much better on a 1st gen Dakota. I am putting a '56 IH (same cab as a '50) on a '96 Dakota chassis, and it is going to work out very well. You will not have to Z it, as the IH cab will sit plenty low on the later chassis. A few minor suspension mods and it is gonna be in the dirt. The Dakota also has R&P, which is a much better steering setup than the S-10. It performs better and doesn't hang out in front of the wheels creating a clearance issue. I picked up my donor as a running truck from a wreck for $300, and it's a factory 318 V8 model. Sold off body parts and made my $300 back. I am using the complete drivetrain, harness and all. Making a daily for my wife out of it...

Latest posts

Back