Whats it worth... ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

I know I know I have had a few of these lately. But hopefully this may be the last...

I have a line on a '52 flathead block, checked but completely disassembled, with complete stock parts, new valve seats, rebuilt fuel pump, rebuilt water pumps, rebuilt oil pump, clutch/flywheel, 3 blade fan with adapter for a GM alternator, alum timing gear, etc. etc.

As an adder to that he has a bunch of "extra's" to go along with it. edelbrock heads NIB, copper gaskets NIB, a sprinkling of shiny througout ie. chrome coil & polished alum bracket, chrome nut covers blah blah, alum 4 barrel intake manifold, holley 390 cfm 4 barrel carb, edelbrock chrome air cleaner and GM self regulating alternator.

At this point I have no reason not to trust the guy on what he has, and am setting up a time to go have a look right now. Just trying to get a gut idea on what its actually worth... asking is about $2500.00 The Edelbrock heads are worth $800, and there will be some spare parts that I figure I can get a few $$'s for. I just would like a second opinion, I'll be honest I was thinking of offering around 2g's should it all check out when I go to see it. Assuming it can be proved the block has been checked out and isnt cracked. His story is lost his job, sold the F1 pick up project and only has the engine left.

Latest posts

Back