Whats it worth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxcar

Looking to maybe purchase this. What would be a good starting point for a offer. thanks, boxcar

Attachments

• IMAG0655.jpg
    IMAG0655.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0656.jpg
    IMAG0656.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0659.jpg
    IMAG0659.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
Let the seller put a price on it and go from there. He's got a number in his head. If he wants you to make an offer first then he's fishing. Tell him you can't buy and sell it both...

I guess it is a regional thing, but down here that body would bring $2000 to $2500 all day long. The A frame is another $2-300, and those later frames with rear axles are probably $3-400 each (depending on year) I know in the midwest these are all over and cheaper, but not here.

I can't tell from the picture but those two frames and running gear look like 1934's. Is the spring on top of the front axle or in front. If it is on top it is most likely a 34 and could be parted out for some fair money.

I would think $ 2000 to $3000 would be a good deal to pay.

Don

That stuff is pretty wasted for SD. I am sure you could find something better to start with. The frames are later model and I can see the other side of the garage through them. The body is pretty shot as well. If this guy spent $4k on that stuff then I hope it was sitting on a stack of $100 bills. DMW is right, $1k would be the max, especially for your area of the country where there is still good tin to be found if you look. I wouldn't even make an offer...

thanks for all your help. I have some spotted in north dakota. The guy hasn't even advertised them as of yet. he has 9 total bodies, mostly sedans and I believe a 20's truck cab. few of them are pretty nice with the fenders and frames that look a lot better then this one.

Yeah, the frames are shot (probably $50 in scrap value) but if they are 34's as I suspect, the front axles are a hundred each, same for the wishbones. The rear ends would probably fetch another $100-200 each, then there are the pedals, wheels, brake setups, etc.

As for the body, it is really pretty solid in the pictures. Sure, it needs patch panels but they ALL need patch panels. I have seen worse ones at swap meets here go for $ 3000, and the 1929s are pretty desirable.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend $2000 or slightly more on the whole shibang.

Don

Yeah, the frames are shot (probably $50 in scrap value) but if they are 34's as I suspect, the front axles are a hundred each, same for the wishbones. The rear ends would probably fetch another $100-200 each, then there are the pedals, wheels, brake setups, etc.

Hey Don, unfortunately those are not '33-'34 frames. If they were I would probably try to save them or at least parts, but they aren't which is why I shot my value lower. They are definitely '35-'40, and most likely '36-'39. I can't tell by the pics but if they are '39 there would be a little value in the brakes, spindles & pedals, but otherwise they are not worth much at all. Like I said before a much better body could be had for the money up there, so I would keep looking. Especially if this guy thinks he's gonna get close to that 4 G's. Haha...

Both frames look to be just about worthless.

IMAG0656.jpg

Since when did RUST become a no-no on THIS site?!?!?[ddd

I've repaired worse frame with good results... all you need is some steel and a metal caulking gun...

BTW they are '36-'39's... you can see the remains of brake cables on the one in the foreground so that makes it '36 to '38... not sure on the other one.

The x-members are getting popular for use in '32 to ''34 chassis... so there is value there.

Rust isn't a problem on RRR, rust for $4000 is!

I bought a 30 tudor body that has already been patched with frame and full wood kits for $1500 and think I coulda got it for less. In SD, for $4000, I'd expect it to be almost a driver.

Contact Willowbilly - he's a tin magnet out that way.

car body

Dang ,must be some cheap stuff in S. D .Dons right,here in Fla you would be lucky to find a body that good for $2000 -$2500. Frames are all over,just not bodies.:cool:

Last year I passed on a complete, solid, running 30 coupe for $6000. It wasn't a bad deal but there just wasn't much left on the table for me to profit on it.
I have tried to give those frames away, solid ones with no rust, and ended up hauling them to scrap. The spindles and wishbones are all that is salable, pedals will not sell, still have those and the front axle on my iron pile from the last 37 I parted out.
The tudor body doesn't look too bad. If the subframe is solid and the doors are real good, $1000 would be tops.

I'm a little further north, but the prices are similar to what WB3 and Sam said. Here's a good looking deal at an attractive price. Two miles from me. Runs. $3000 OBO..

Latest posts

Back