What's the greatest b.s. story you ever heard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Math: Largely misunderstood but often interpreted.

I worked "with" a kid who claimed to build a go-cart at the tender age of 13. According to fantasy and popular legend, it was Hayabusa powered and could easily break 200 MPH. (Bladder? Don't fail me now.)

Now, some embellishment...

I was wholly impressed and took the cart for a burn... quickly approaching 200 on tallish 12'' tires, an El Camino passed me like I was standing still, John Force at the wheel, his dentist in the passenger's seat, both of them grinnin' like Chesire cats on two wheels. I lit the hydrogen rockets and promptly broke the sound barrier. Two flying pigs and a pink elephant witnessed the event. The rest is land speed history.

I should know better than to read Doc C's posts while trying to drink coffee!:eek::D

I once heard of this guy that has this El Camino that will run circles around anything...

I heard the last time he took it out he should have gotten a ticket - only the officer didn't know how to write it up. See, there's no law against tearing the asphalt clean off the road b/c you have too much horsepower.

So he was going to let him off with a warning, provided the officer could take a picture of the Nawz system. He raised the hood and the officer was so amazed with the ported n polished valve covers and balanced n blueprinted air cleaner that he passed out right there on the side of the road.

True story.

The way I heard it was a guy puts a $20 or $100 dollar bill on the dash and if you sitting in pas seat can grab off before he gets to the end of the block you can have it. :rolleyes:

Ah Yes.... I remember this story now. I should have remembered as I used to do that same trick with my old '67 Volkswagen bus. True story. No one ever got that $20 bill from me. OK, it probably helped that I stripped everything out of the bus so the passenger seat was in the back over the engine and there was a wall between the front and the back and the floor was littered with junk, and the thing smoked so bad that you really could not see from one end to the other, and I lived on a VERY short block.....

Timothy

Latest posts

Back