What's your daily driver?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onetondodge

Hey group,
I've been searching and haven't really come across a thread about daily drivers, I'm just curious what everyone drives for daily commute. Please be honest

I drive a silverado w/vmax, It does it's job, pulls my toys just fine. It will most likely be the last truck I ever buy for these purposes so I hope it'll last. I would love to have my dodge for a daily driver, I've thought about it many times, but I just can't bring myself to do what it takes for it to drive 70+ mph for a 3hr drive(I like it the way it was in the 40s)

Thanks in advance
Paul

ga_9157_full-1.jpg

Just sold this, now I'm back to my 94 Chevy pickup.:D..CR

Attachments

• cars and tools 006.jpg
    cars and tools 006.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 8
1992 Ford Ranger Sport. 4.0 5 speed. Great little truck bought it five years ago with 85,000 on it for $500.00 with the cap.

Attachments

• 92 rangerA.JPG
    92 rangerA.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 9
I got over the ego thing of having to have a brand new car years ago, and actually prefer older ones that I understand mechanically and can keep alive. My last new car payment was in 1985. :D When I was married I always kept my Wife in a newer car because I got a lot less heat that way.

So, my one daily is an 84 Crown Vic that I bought about 5 years ago from the proverbial old lady. It had only 50,000 miles on the clock and she parked it in her garage for 4 years and didn't drive it but kept the insurance and plates current, "because she was going to drive again some day." It now has 76,000 miles on it and has never given me any problems.

My other daily is a 94 Honda Accord I bought from my Son Dan when he bought a new truck a couple years ago. It had been in the family for years and was too good of a car to let go, so I bought it rather than let him trade it in. It now has about 167,000 on it and has always been a great car. I recently started having a no start situation sometimes, but that seems to have gone away, so not sure what was up with that.

When I get my 27 done I am going to start turning my 46 tudor Ford sedan into my daily. I really want an old car to drive on a daily basis, and as much as I love them it's dumb for me not to have one. Plans are for independent front end, late model rear, and probably the 355 Chevy I bought recently, detuned for street use. I'm going to leave the body just as is with the patina but put a decent interior,a/c., etc. in it.

Don

46athome001.jpg

Don

Oh wow man .............. a 1946 Ford Hovermobile ............. Back to the Future ......... cool.

This is my driver.
2000 Durango.

mikeandnancy9800.jpg

In '96, I bought my Mom a new Saturn SL1. This year, she decided to quit driving so I got the car back. It only has 60K on it and drives like new. I also have a '96 Dodge Ram 2500 which I drive once a week to keep everything lubed. It has 60K too.

When I get my 27 done I am going to start turning my 46 tudor Ford sedan into my daily. I really want an old car to drive on a daily basis, and as much as I love them it's dumb for me not to have one. Plans are for independent front end, late model rear, and probably the 355 Chevy I bought recently, detuned for street use. I'm going to leave the body just as is with the patina but put a decent interior,a/c., etc. in it.

I couldn't wait to turn in my last new truck & start drivin' my Chevelle. This Ford is gonna make a killer driver for you Don & I'd love to see the fools that try to dust that sleeper!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back