What's your favorite brake line kit or supplier?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Rattler

I am fixing to plumb my brake lines and was wondering if any of you have used a kit from Speedway, Jegs or some other place you can recommend.

Thanks in advance,
Rattler

I would just buy the line from Speedway (it's the least expensive) then maybe get a few packages of the right size fittings from Speedway. When those run out Napa or some other auto store will have enough to get you through. I plumbed my coupe for under $40 and it works great. I have 4 wheel drum though, so there is no need for all the check valves....= less fittings. The kit seemed like overkill to me and the price didn't make sense for my application.

I just plumbed my car with lines and I can tell you definitely do not buy the $35 flaring tool set or the $10 tubing bender from Speedway. Both of these pieces of crap broke on me in the first 1/2 hour. Everything else from them was good though.

NAPA sells a $50 flaring tool set that is much better quality.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone to NAPA and bought every line pre-flared (comes with fittings) for about $40 for a whole cars worth. They have a range of sizes from 8" to 51". Just bend and install. Line a little too long? Bend a U in it. Line a little too short, NAPA sells brass connectors that seal very well.

You will save money as you won't have to buy a flaring tool set or a tubing cutter. You will also save yourself a weekend of struggling with trying to flare lines properly if you are a rookie like me.

Autozone has double flare tools as part of their loan-a-tool program. leave a deposit, use the tool, take the tool back, get your deposit back. ....free tool to use.

They also sell rolls of metal tubing.

I re-used the fittings from a donor car and ran new lines. So far, so good.

Latest posts

Back