What's your opinion on this thing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to go through the 100 or so copies of Just Cars (private sellers advert mag) and find the other one i saw that was really similar.

I give him/them points for doing something different, but points deducted on the narrow front end and out of proportionedness of the whole thing. Maybe different if they used the rims and tyres that they came with back in the day.

Wheels too small, cab too big, front end too low (maybe different if it had the original wheels/tyres?), and high gloss satin paint.

Too lazy to fire up the scanner on this thing so i just took a photo of it with my phone.

33196590075_large.jpg

Hot rod Landcruiser, 351 tunnel ram intake, twin carbs, T5 gearbox, 28 spline axles, disc brakes all round, chopped and channelled. $32k

A bit off topic...the prices people ask for rods is ridiculous over here. Some of them don't realize that they are selling a project, not a running registered vehicle!!!! $9500 for a bent up old 34 ford 2 1/2t truck that has been buried in hay and fed a few hundred rats and mice with its delicious leather interior and tasty electrical leads.

Sometimes i wish i could call them up, jump thru the reciever and beat the idiocy out of them.

Looks better with the original wheels, but still has the same width issues in the front end.

There was another one in another issue of the magazine with one of those can things on the front. What are they for exactly? (apart from limiting air flow through the radiator)

T-Bucket013.jpg

Looks better with the original wheels, but still has the same width issues in the front end.

There was another one in another issue of the magazine with one of those can things on the front. What are they for exactly? (apart from limiting air flow through the radiator)

T-Bucket013.jpg

That can was originally designed to hold fuel on dragsters. People use them now for radiator catch cans or to keep race fuel and switch from tank to that in street racing aplications. They are very expensive and made by MOON EYES.

I'm not saying it's wrong. I wouldn't mind making one, except i'd just make mine with a nice wide front end.

I've seen plenty of those tanks around, just wondered if they actually had a function. My two guesses of their possible function was an extremely undersized fuel tank or one massive overkill of a catch can.

Latest posts

Back