Whatz a RAT ROD

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

I thought I would tell you a funny story about my wifes explanation of a RAT ROD. My son and I have been working on this truck of ours since JAN, Hell I have worked on it every weekend since then trying to get it ready. She has watched or heard us weld,saw,sand, scream,yell, oh and swear ( I think I have used the F word as a noun, adjective,and a verb all in one sentence)Well any how last week she took some pics of our son sitting in the car to work to show her co workers her son not the car. The gal she showed it looke at the pic and ask what was he sitting in? my wife replied a rat rod. The gal looked at and said you know the head lights are crocked and one is black and the other chrome,MY wife replied I know, The gal asked what color are they painting it? My wife said there not they are leaving it rusty. The gal looked at and asked the last question.What is a RAT ROD? My wife said told me it took a minute for her to answer, Her reply was.... Basicly my husband cleaned up all his car crap and welded it togeather in one place, She said she didnt care what we call it the yard was clean and that it would be eaisier to take to the dump in one piece. The gal replied I think I will tell my husband to build one too. You dont think they can make out of wood do you? My wife replied I asked my husband. Just thought it was funny, Thanks guys for letting me ramble on

New Wiki def!

Busted,
I think u should submit this to Wiki instead of the stupid definition they have on there now... I like it MUCH better. Let us see the pictures of that wooden RR when it's finished! I think Wizeguy was workin' on something like that! ; - >

BoB

Don't kid yourself...

There's already a motorcycle in Europe made out of timbers and 2X4's, and it's driven daily. We use 2X4's to mock up a frame. In the Teens and 20's they used wood to strengthen body panels. Up until the 50's they used it for bed floors. During the 50's/60's Russia found a way to combine wood with other materials to make a durable car body. When the car was junked, the body was cut into squares and used as roof shingles. A car made of wood???

Got ya thinkin caps on???

Woodies?

Don't kid yourself...

There's already a motorcycle in Europe made out of timbers and 2X4's, and it's driven daily. We use 2X4's to mock up a frame. In the Teens and 20's they used wood to strengthen body panels. Up until the 50's they used it for bed floors. During the 50's/60's Russia found a way to combine wood with other materials to make a durable car body. When the car was junked, the body was cut into squares and used as roof shingles. A car made of wood???

Got ya thinkin caps on???

Didn't they call 'um woodies!!! ; - >

BoB

Gonna git me one!!!

I'm gonna git me one of them rats!!!

BoB

Attachments

• trap.jpg
    trap.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4
Silly Rabbits, don't you know wood should only be used as load bearing structures, like below. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Don

Attachments

• truck with boards holding it.jpg
    truck with boards holding it.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 13
lol, your wifes definition made me laugh out loud, my wife couldn't agree more!

Don, wow, that is Darwins theory of evolution at work......

Latest posts

Back