Wheel backspacing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
Does anybody have a simple chart of the different backspacings for different applications for gm 5 on 5 wheels? I need some different wheels for the 52 and one of my buddies said that cars had different backspacing than trucks. I've been searching the interweb with no luck.

I might try taking one of my 96's wheels off and seeing if its different.

Thanks for the help

I have not found a chart but I'm looking for one for you. You'll probably find that with a variety of wheel widths and diameters, that backspacing not only varies between cars and trucks, but will vary within each category as well. Are you seeking a particular backspacing?

The original back spacing on the chevy rally wheels was 3 3/4" but with reproduction wheels, you can go upto a 5" back spacing. I used the 4 3/4" back space to fit an 11" tire in the stock wheel wells of my 65' Biscayne. I bought those wheels from www.classicindustries.com

I don't really know what backspacing I need. I know I need probably about another inch or more from what I have now. I've got two rims off a chevy car that I need to throw on there. I need to measure those things tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back