wheel conversion question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighroder

Well I'm going to look at a cab tommarow for the project I've been planning for a while anyways I want to run a straight axle setup and I want to run 10 bolt 22.5 inch aluminium semi wheels the truck is gunna be cummins powered and its gunna be like a cab and a half style truck with open wheels my question is has anyone put these 10 bolt wheels on there rat? How did you do it I want to run disc brakes if possible any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Zeth

If you use an axle made for 22.5 wheels, it won't matter if you have drum or disk brakes. It'll still stop on a dime. The big drums on a little rat will be no prob. I'd look for a front axle out of a delivery truck - like the old UPS package cars - they run 22.5's. The newer ones run 19.5's, but can probably fit 22.5's. Straight truck, box truck, etc. Should be able to find one with discs.

I've been looking for semi or dump truck axles I just haven't found any yet Ill add that to the search hopefully something turns up cheap I want that death rod look big tall wheels and I'm hopefully going bagged thanks for the info

I found one that I hit was gunna give me a deal on and it had a 10 bolt hub with a 16 inch wheel it was some specail bolt pattern and I passed that on so I'm still looking maybe found one out of a bus

The UPS trucks at work that run the 22.5's have 6 or 8 lug patterns. Those are all disc. The last drum/drum truck we had was from 84. Any larger vehicle is still gonna run a straight axle.

How long did they make the 2 piece rims there is like a late 70s earley 80s with the 20 inch rims but its 5 spoke and it looks like a 2 piece I think but I'm not sure its on a f750 I think anyways a big ford

Check big Ford cab and chassis trucks, My 89 F-Superduty is an x phone company truck, has a beefy I beam axle up front, is 10 lug and disk brakes all the way around.

Latest posts

Back