Wheel spacer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace

Alright guys I need some advice about wheels.I have a really cool set of Nash wheels and hubcaps that I would love to run on my model A sedan.I have a 40 ford front end and a 9 inch rear end which are 5 on 5.5 and the nash wheels are 5 on 4.5.Are spacers safe and will they work?[P

I Guess it's more of a wheel adapter than a wheel spacer.Where did you purchase yours from?Will any 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 work or do you have to order exactly for what your equipment is?

I think the secret is LocTite on the threads. I had a set of adapters on a Mustang years ago and they kept coming loose. I didn't know about LocTite in those days, but have since seen posts where people say it helps.

Don

I had 4.5 to 4.5 adapters. they still called them adapters because you bolted them to your lugs and your wheels to the spacer. had mine for 3 years on my ford ranger and my only complaint was that is was a pain to pull them off. I had 1 1/4" adapters so i didnt have to cut my lugs . you might if you dont want to go that thick. I heard they are dangerous. but then again so are motorcycles and guns. I'd used another set if I had to. Dealsonwheels.com is where I got mine . all billet free luggs 1/2 the local price. they are on ebay. and I ordered the wrong pattern and they sent me a new set after I sent them back no charge!

Latest posts

Back