Wheel & tire combo pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIrish

I'm trying to figure out what sort of tires would look right on my next speedster/racer thing. Decided on 15" solid steel wheels (mostly for cost & strength) and want some tall & skinny bias plys all around. It's hard to tell what these various sizes look like on actual cars though.

Anyone running 670-15s or similar on theirs and can post a pic or two?

These are 5.60 / 15 and 8.90 / 15 Firestones - to give you an idea of the smaller and larger extremes in contrast to what you are looking for - got them from Coker, they also come in blackwalls.

Attachments

• jan 28 10 rat 55 036 a.jpg
    jan 28 10 rat 55 036 a.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 85
Cool, very helpful. Thanks. I wish Coker and others would show what these tires looked like mounted on a rim.

Great looking rig ZZrodder. I too would like to see more wheel tire combos like you have given us the viewing pleasure. Lets see if we can keep this thread alive to help others out on their choices. Giving tires dimensions as shown will help out as well.

Been looking into what rim and tire I need as well. I like those really tall wheels out back but am uncertain of their size. Do those super tall tires run on a standard easy to find rim in the junkyard nowadays?

Check out the Coker Tire website, they give the tire dimensions and I think the rim width too. The 8.90 15's I used were on 15 x 7" rims but they work fine on stock width rims, that's what they were desingned for mostly.

Latest posts

Back