When selling on eBay, how do you collect the money?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyesore

I have never sold a car on eBay and wonder how you guys collect the money if the buyer is in another state or across the country. I have heard horror stories about fake cashier's check etc. Is it safe to have someone wire the money into your bank? After all, you have to give them your account number, right?

Thanks,
ISore

i would say the most common method i've seen is a small "down payment" thru paypal and the rest in good old American CASH when they arrive to pick it up..........
it's hard to beat cash:D:D

Cash is good. All other ways they do not get the title until my bank tell me that the money can not be removed. The bank will work with you if you explains what going on. NO out of country.

I get all the info I can on the buyer and have the police check it out.

I also till the buyer what I am doing and tell them if there are any issues the vehicle will be reported stolen. As long as I have the title I can do that.

Plan B I have some friends that are in a Motorcycle club.

Sounds like you will never get to meet the new owner face to face. If so, go to your bank and talk to an Officer (not a teller) Explain what you are doing and your concerns about scams, fake money, etc. Ask them for an absolutely secure method of getting the funds to you. They do this for a lot bigger amounts than just a car sale, so they should be able to help you make a secure transaction.

If the guy is picking it up, go to your bank WITH him and have him give you the cash there. The bank can verify if it is good, as there are some very good counterfeit bills out there.

Don

i would say the most common method i've seen is a small "down payment" thru paypal and the rest in good old American CASH when they arrive to pick it up..........
it's hard to beat cash:D:D

That's the best way. But make an deadline agreement so you aren't waiting forever for the guy to come. Say at least 10% earnest money, nonrefundable and 2-4 weeks to pick up the car and pay it off in cash.
Cashier's checks are ok too as long as you have a long enough waiting period to make sure it doesn't bounce.

They do my collecting. There was a guy in Texas That tried to rip me of on a Harley Motor.

WAS??? LoL

I remember reading about that in the paper! People think feeding bad guys to the hogs is just something you see in the movies. They identified him by his boots. Hogs don't really care much for cowboy boots! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Beercan

paying

I have used and like to use postal money orders, they will sell them to you for up too $ 1000.00 and they can check them and cash them at the post office. that way you its good. EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU CAN TRUST THE GOVERNMENT WITH MONEY

They do my collecting. There was a guy in Texas That tried to rip me of on a Harley Motor.

Just curious, known clubs wont get into that. Knowing one thing they do will send to prison while a slap on the wrist to a civilian doing the same thing.

Easy does it

My wife is a banker, and even a bank certified check can be fraudulent, be careful guy's. You can always PM Tripper, I hear he has a banker from Nigeria to help with the transaction[ddd

You can always PM Tripper, I hear he has a banker from Nigeria to help with the transaction[ddd

Guess you didn't read my post closely... those peeps are some of my long lost relatives & I'm sure they'd be more than glad to help with *any* transactions!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back