Where or how did you find it (Rod or Parts)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66L-79

This got me thinking today here is what happen, I was on my way back to my shop today when I passed this Chevy Mini Van pulling a trailer, on the second look at the trailer I said that thing has some old 30"s truck fenders and then I noticed it was the complete bed with original wheels and fenders and loaded with some scrap aluminum. As I passed it about 1 mile down the road I looked in the mirrow and they turned into the scrap yard so I went on another two or three miles and I said to myself I have got to ask them will they sale the trailer, so I turned around and went back and ask the man was it for sale and he said yes, one reason was he had gotten stopped by the police for no lights on the trailer, he said what would you give I had in mind $150.00 but did not say anything so he finally said he would take $75.00 so you know where it is now. How many more interesting stories are there like this. I am going to try and post a couple of pics.

Attachments

• DCP_1581.jpg
    DCP_1581.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DCP_1582.jpg
    DCP_1582.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 21
This one is O/T, but about 12 years ago I was chasing down some parts for my 73' Grand Prix. I saw this pristine 70' a couple houses down tucked way back in the back yard. Asked the owner if it was for sale and the 80 year old man gave me a resounding NO!. He bought it new and was'nt gonna sell it. I left him my number and 2 weeks later he asked me if I was still interested. Hell ya I am, how much? He said $1500 and its yours. When I picked it up I discovered it was a rare 400 H.O. with 62000 original miles. Put a battery in it and drove the 1 hour drive home. It was Blue and I shot in the black, did some minor engine work & detail, rims and tires. Sold it not to long ago for $7000.00.

Attachments

• gp-1.jpg
    gp-1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back