who found a project by driving around?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockabillyrat

just wondering who has found a project or any thing cool this way. i have lived in the county most of my life and have never drove around to find a project. but i think i may for fun this summer.

I've found them...[clUsually though you hear the old story..."I'm gonna fix it up"!:(...you just have to be persistant!!!:D...CR

the 52 f-1 ford i built -"next project" in build threads, was found by my older brother just a couple miles off of the main hi-way setting in the edge of a field-and visible from the little country road none-the-less

there aren't as many around these parts as there were--scrap prices killed alot of potential rats in the last year or two....

Attachments

• rat rod update 003.JPG
    rat rod update 003.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
  • rat rod update 007.JPG
    rat rod update 007.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
Got a free '46 Chevy Cab. A free'65 Chev pickup donar that was abandoned at a church. A '47 Intl 1/2 ton panel for $15 years ago.
Solid '30 Ford cab for $7 out of a barnyard. Saw many good ones in years past that i had to pass up because i had no way to move or store. Ah! The thrill of the hunt!

Oh yea! found my 32 ply coupe out looking for rust. [dr don't have to wait for summer you can see back in those trees best when all those leaves are gone. [cl
every time I go any were I'm looking for old cars. always carry my camara too.

By just driving around

I had a 41 Dodge Weapons Carrier given to me a few years ago. I decided the guy should pay me to haul it off but he didn't like that idea. :D It's still sitting there.

Thunder

Attachments

• Misc Pics 1-27-07 056.jpg
    Misc Pics 1-27-07 056.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 27
Just hauled some metal scrap away to the scrap yard and this was sitting on the pile. If I had a trailer and time I would have probably drug it home. I guess it's shredded by now.
junkyard.jpg

I'm looking every time I go somewhere. I like looking for anything old

Me too,always looking while I am driving around. There are several trucks sitting around my area, but havn"t asked about them,cause I am only alowed one project at a time,says the BOSS!!! Also a cool looking old army truck or something like that on a farm by where my son is working. Guy has a whole bunch of stuff everywhere.

Thats how I found my IH. Drove by this farm place many times then one day "hey whats that". If I'm drivin back roads I'm always lookin in groves and such, never know what you'll find.

Latest posts

Back