Who's watching "Moonshiners"?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on... what respecting shiner would let their face be shown on national TV. Maybe this is their community service after gettin' busted!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

"If you love America, you've GOT to love moonshinning!!!"

Guilty, I thought for sure I wouldn't want to watch, but made the mistake of taking a look, and there you go!! I just wonder how they get away with doing it on TV??

Yeah I know it's all staged or re-enacted or whatever. How they have 15 camera angles on a "secret" still site with camera lights blazing, etc. is a bit hard to believe. But I want it to be real, so try to ignore it! Either way it's facinating.

I saw a proper documentary on moonshining a few years ago. Popcorn and Tim were both in it, and both are known moonshiners. Popcorn committed suicide by gassing himself to death with his Model A rather than spend 18 months in prison when he got busted.

Those guys are just doing it for the exposure, hoping for investors to go legal, like Popcorn's "white whiskey" is now.

Investors wanted....!

http://timsmithmoonshine.com/

to bad in 2009 the old timer commited siucide for getting busted. sure would like to had hi model a truck he was using to shine with.

I just wonder how they get away with doing it on TV??

Seriously??

It's so fake it's actually painful to watch. The Popcorn interview segments are good, but not worth the torture of watching the other drivel. Save your time and watch an actual documentary.

I guess Discovery doesn't care about insulting our intelligence since there are so many saps to tune in regardless, but if the show is going to be fake could they at least hire some actors? :rolleyes:

We are in the next county from where Popcorn roamed the hills. My wife knew him fairly well. She worked at a vet and he would bring his dogs and want to trade shine for dog services.

Consumed a bit of it and delivered small amounts, but never tried to make it.
Making the good stuff is an art.

i dont know -- even before the show i had been considering giving it a shot --- my dad works with a guy in LA (state) lol that makes some sort of Hard Apple Cider stuff? ---

I've watched it some and did wonder why they would let their faces and names be shown on TV. In the one episode they even showed the one guy in his job a chief of a volunteer fire dept.......like that didn't expose him.

So I guess it is just like the rest of reality TV, drama and scripts. :(

Don

Between this crap, "Dog, the Bounty Hunter", "Lizard Lick Towing" etc.......shows what hillbillies people can be.....if its supposed to be real, which its not....and, the common hillbillies just lap it up........

My grandfather was a bootlegger, been gone a loong time now!!

Come on Tenn. guy's it aint hollow, it's HOLLER!!! Got to keep the Hill cred alive!! ha ha ha

Latest posts

Back