Why I like HID'S!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBeNormal

So I just installed some HID's in My DD and took some before and after pics to share.

Before
photo9-1.jpg

After
photo17.jpg

Before Low Beam and Fogs
photo20.jpg

After
photo11.jpg

Before High Beam
photo8.jpg

After
photo12.jpg

i have HID on almost all my trucks lol but then again i sell them lol
but my lifted truck defiantly much better with the hid can see alot further and more light !

They are nice, unless you are coming the other way.

I agree, but the thing is when you install them in a reflector housing you have to aim the headlight down so you don't blind on coming cars. I personally do it the right way so I don't blind people but 90% of people don't.

I don't know about other states, but in Florida it's illegal to use them in a car that did not originally come with them. I have yet to see any of these crappy little ricer'mobiles get pulled over for having them :mad:

I had a set of 6000k in my 03 dodge ram. The rams are known for their crappy headlight spread patterns to begin with.
I just bought some cheap sets off flee bay for my headlights and fogs. I absolutely loved them!
I starting having ignition problems with them. So,e times they would fire, other times they wouldn't.
These were simple swap out bulbs with ballasts so the spread of light on them was extream! I'm surprised I didn't ever get flashed honestly.
Well since I started having ignition problems, I decided to spend the money and get projectors to replace them along with new high quality digital ballasts. I gotta tell you, the projectors are worth their weight in gold!
The spread pattern is MUCH better and doesn't blind everyone I pass. It took some time to get them right but worth it.
The kit I got required me to split my headlight assemblies and bolt in the entire projector housing. I opted for projectors without halo's. halos look good on cars that come with them, but I fel they look goofy aftermarket.
These projectors also have a solenoid in them for high beam function. When the high beams are on, it flips down a little shield and let's all the light out..absolutely insane! These things light up signs over 1 mile away!

I say if your gonna do HId's, do them right. You'll be amazed with the differences.

Latest posts

Back