Why would someone do this!?!?!?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter if the old feller is a meany, (which he sounds and looks like a super nice guy), have some respect for the cars. I'd hate to know I tore up something that old with original windsheild. They shoulda poisend his donkey, dog or cat if they wanted revenge.

Sign of the times

I have a sign on my garage door which reads:

"If my silent alarm goes off and I find you in here, I will call the police AFTER I shoot you!".

I'm just sayin.....

Here is my best logical answer for that type of behavior. Almost every man is born with a sense of adventure, a need for a little danger. Some of us race, sky-dive, bungee jump or get involved in activities with some element of danger. We do those things for the same reason, we are wired for the excitement. These misguided souls were getting their yayas, lots of danger of getting caught, plus maybe some revenge mixed in. It's all pretty basic human psychology, we are all made from the same stuff, some of us just channel it in different ways. Then add in a couple generations of boys who did not have a good family life, no one to teach them respect...well I think you can see how that recipe can end up.

here is my best logical answer for that type of behavior. Almost every man is born with a sense of adventure, a need for a little danger. Some of us race, sky-dive, bungee jump or get involved in activities with some element of danger. We do those things for the same reason, we are wired for the excitement. These misguided lack of an arse beaten souls were getting their yayas, lots of danger of getting caught, plus maybe some revenge mixed in. It's all pretty basic human psychology, we are all made from the same stuff, some of us or our non lacking of an arse beaten and knowing better (just) channel it in different ways. Then add in a couple generations of boys who did not have a good family life (or again an arse beaten), no one to teach them respect.(beat the sence into them)..well i think you can see how that recipe can end up.

sorry had to adjust that post a bit, im from the old school where a trip behind the wood shed one time did more work then a year in church !.....

Last edited:
Either version could be it. Might have been a few upper-middle class kids that never had a hard day at home their entire lives with 'feel good' parents that shoved Ritalin down them their entire childhood.

Hope they regret it someday.

monday thru friday 8 to 5 I run my shop knowing all types of people work together sharing talents and helping hands to each other. in hopes outside the work week each one takes that idea home with them. this story just makes me know that I have to keep this up no matter how bad of a day i'm having. this country is failing if a heavy hand is not allowed to be used.

to the vandals: fear your Maker and His disciples, wrongs shall be righted

monday thru friday 8 to 5 I run my shop knowing all types of people work together sharing talents and helping hands to each other. in hopes outside the work week each one takes that idea home with them. this story just makes me know that I have to keep this up no matter how bad of a day i'm having. this country is failing if a heavy hand is not allowed to be used.

to the vandals: fear your Maker and His disciples, wrongs shall be righted

Well said! [cl That my friend is an excellent attitude! My hat is off to you.

Man ! That just plain sucks ! The owner of those rides may have said or done something to get this , But Geeez not his CARS. I'll bet those @$$holes that did that were never taken to a car show as kids, or learned to appreciate old cars in any way.

Some people are just crap

Some people are just pieces of crap for example the night I came out of a resteraunt to find someone had backed into my truck and smashed the front end up and just left, or my next door neighbors daughter who backed into it and smashed the back bumper while it was parked in my driveway and when I came out of the house to see what all the noise was she just parks the car back in there driveway and goes in the house and acts like she doesn't even see me.[S I was waiting for her parents to come over and say something and of course nothing so the next day I had to go over and talked to her brother and of course she never said anything about it,but I made them pay for my bumper. Sometimes I think people that do stuff like this are those soulless crack babies they warned us were coming back in the 80s.

up bringing

To hear of things like this are really disheartning, even if you don't respect the man you respect his property. I too was raised in the 60's by parents that grew up during the 30's in North Dakota, if your parents weren't farms your grandparents where and didn't take any guff. Tough Love is what this country needs to go back to!!!!!:mad:

The article stated that $20k worth of damage was done to the cars..............
Typical insurance estimate. Not realistic in my opinion.
Good luck trying to get the two cars back for only $20k.
The Stud is a total loss, and the T would probably take twice that to get it back in shape.
Sad indeed.

A stark reminder for all of us to have proper insurance on the things we care about. Even though most of our cars are rusty, we put alot of work into them, and time is money.

Latest posts

Back