wide 5

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonechop

found a set of '36 wide 5 drums, need to find if there is a difference from front to rear and will they work on a '34 rear axle. any pros or cons to using them?

Yes they will work
Cons I have them and have been looking for brake parts for 3 years
I have 3 sets 1 is on a model a axel 1 is on a 36 axel and one set I have is on a set of 32 spindels
If you don,t whant front brakes you can unbolt the drums and run the hub only
Drums will swap front to back:cool:

thanks hillbilly, I was able to find a few of the brake parts at vintage ford. my next call is to a parts dealer that someone posted a youtube video of on this site. he only only sells vintage nos parts...

The Speedway spindles will work. You can use any spindle from '39 to '48. The same goes for the backing plates. There is a difference in the shoes bewee '39 to early '41 and late '41 to '48. The early ones adjust both top and bottom. The late one only adjust on the top.

Ron

Thanks for the info. If I can find stock parts I will go that way, as I am trying to stay within a certain budget. But if I have to buy new parts, I'm not opposed to it. I don't think suspension is the right place to be cheap.

1936 wide five front drums are a one year only, you can't run juice brakes with them. The 36 drums sat inward further and have a noticeably longer snout where the dust cap threads on. 37 38 39 will work fine with the later brakes.

Latest posts

Back