Wide bolt pattern on36 ford

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodroy

Is there a adapter plate that will bolt on the wide 36 ford hub to take a regular wheel? I cant seem to find wheels for reasonable price the people that do have them thinks they are made of gold.

No, there is no adapter to go from wide five down. If you have an actual '36 it is a one-year basterd hub and no good for hot rod use. If you have a '37-'39 spindle you can use '40-'48 hubs and drums to get a 5.5" bolt circle. Then you have a wider selection of wheel choices...

Old ford guy

I know a guy that only deals in old fords confimed its a 36 but I do have a friend that does metal art said he can make me some wheels. Custom made wheels ? Humm now thats original[;)

Last edited:
If it's a '36 then you will need to swap spindles anyway for hydraulic brakes. You need '37-'48 spindles, then you can use '40-'48 hubs and brakes or any number of aftermarket disc kits. No reason to reinvent the wheel here...

Go to the member bfmchotrod
I know for a fact he has at least 4 in his barn, he'd sell for a reasonable amount

Your "old Ford guy" confirmation is wrong. I saw the pics on your other thread - it's a '39, not a '36.
That's the good news. See your build thread...

Ok now im confused,lol. Im not a ford guy but I thought they were only '36,but it seems they made them '36-'39.My Q's after some research I cant find a rhyme or reason to what they came on because pics show normal wheels on same cars and dont look converted.Whats the history on these wide fives'

Ok now im confused,lol. Im not a ford guy but I thought they were only '36,but it seems they made them '36-'39.My Q's after some research I cant find a rhyme or reason to what they came on because pics show normal wheels on same cars and dont look converted.Whats the history on these wide fives'

The wide five bolt pattern was used from '36-'39. '36 spindles and hubs looks similar but are different dimensions than later models. '37 was the first year for the "roundback" spindle that was used until '41. '36-'38 were mechanical brakes. '39 was the last year for wide fives and the first year for hydraulic brakes. The '37-'39 can be easily converted to the common 5 on 5.5" bolt circle simply by using '40-'48 hubs and drums. The spindles and hubs all interchange between '37 and '48. That is why they don't look "converted". It was a common practice throughout the years for updating the vehicle and also using what you had.

Confused yet? Haha...

Dude those are the kolest wheels (wide five)

Why don't you just have them made in to what ever size you want to run.[;)
if they are 16" then maybe 16x7 or 8" or what ever .
Thanks abuch that's just what i like.[p I JUST LOVE THE LOOK OF THOSE WHEELS[dr

Latest posts

Back