wide white dilema

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time in my life I am considering radials. The Coker brand and the other ones they carry (Excelsior ?) really look like bias plies and are so much better handling wise.

Don

I came to the realization that i was not gonna live long enough , nor drive the miles it would take to wear out a set of new tires on my rat . I have read that after 5 years tires start to dry rot wether they are used much or not . So i bought 4 used radials to test the ride . I only paid $10.00/tire .Been on the rat for 2 years , they ride fine and I can not see any wear issues . I mean if they only lasted 1 year ,with a new tire at 180,00 I can go for 18 years . Don't get any cheaper that that .

I know what you mean, I put an almost brand new set of tires off of my 27 in the dumpster because they were put on just before I parked it 11 years ago. I didn't want to take the chance on old rubber when I redid the car, it isn't worth it. But it really hurt to see 4 good looking ones being scrapped.

Don

wide white

thanx guys , i guess i will have to save up for the tires i want , for i plan to drive the tires off my 52 so good tires is a necessity.i will search my local salvage yards for some good used rubber until then:cool: thanx again...Tom

Latest posts

Back