Willys chop?????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom

I do not have any photos, but i recently aquired a willys truck cab and did a chop on it in photo shop, the cab really lends itself well to a chop and section due to the straight lines. I think one chopped would look really cool.

Pablo

heres a few i found not finished yet he also narrowed the cab too

Attachments

• 1278600283_l.jpg
    1278600283_l.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1295648972_l.jpg
    1295648972_l.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 137
The one in the picture is it,I know where to get one mabie some day. and i all ways wanted to get one to chop.I can tell by the pic that i would want o cut more out though ,i wander how the floore would work out ?Why did he have to narrow it for [are they all that wide ?}
That one looks real cool so fare ,i like the grill too,i wander what it would look like with duall head lights?And a 46 willys jeep grillwould look cool too ,bite smaller.

thoes cabs are pretty wide compared with all the 30's and 40'cabs we are used to seeing and he wanted to make it a little smaller...im leaving my cab wide but i may chop it since all the glass is flat and when i sit in it there is about a foot of head room

it was like this when i got it, i guess the top was rusted or dented. anyways its not your standard "chop" but it is chopped. i would also like to chop the pillars

mail

I thought about doing that to mine. Would be real easy to do, just cut around the drip rail and weld in a flat roof section...or no roof at all!

yeah, the guy i bought it from did that, but it will work out to chop the pillars because when i cut the middle of the top, i wont have to fab up a curved peice, just weld some flat sheet metal up there.

Really like the look of the first photochop... the short bed gives it a nice proportions. To me the second one with the long bed, just doesnt look right to me, can't put my thumb on why though.

On another note, I would leave the top of the door straight and maybe leave the small vent window at the front. Section the bottom of the door to get the height you want out of it, maybe section the top panel as well to maintain the proportions between the two door panels. I would also leave the top of the windsheild frame, and maybe consider doing a soft top like on the M175's or something along that line... Don't mind me though just incoherent bablings...

Pretty similar... just my own crap photo edit attempt...

84a4256bd85e85.jpg

Edit... Hope ya don't mind me just bargin in with the above...

Last edited:
thanks guys, i will keep these ideas in mind. i appreciate you editing to give me a visual of what you mean. i will keep ya posted on what im doing

Not a problem, I figured it was easier to see in a pic then describe. I am really digging that idea though, a willy's would definatly stand out in a crowd.

the previous photos i posted work sometimes and other times have red Xs.

here is the progress of the willys roadster so far. the cardboard is a template of the door style im using. i dont want to cut up the door i got cause i will use it for my other willys im restoring.

l_3e831b12f35e41a79b25bd7d0cce6322.jpg

wow, went a little heavy with the primer did we? lol

That truck is gonna be b*tchin. What motor are you gonna run? I had a continental 6 in a FC170 at the shop last week. Some jerk took the dipstick and the motor seized. I'm really liking the idea of running a flathead 6 in a rod some day.

Latest posts

Back