Windshield installation

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busman

I am missing the windshield regulator on my 41 dodge and was considering mounting the glass in the cab without the tilt out frame. I have seen some on here done this way, but cant decide how it is done. Are you just gluing them in with windshield adhesive or is there some kind of gasket? What are you using to trim out the windshield so it doesn't look like you just glued your glass in. Or does anyone have any suggestions to replace the regulator?

There was an article in ( I think ) Rod & Custom, probably early 90's that dealt with this. I followed it when I did the glue in windshield in my Model A. S10 windshield trim is used.

If the glass is still in the frame, and your missing just the regulator, a normal seal,(as used for tilt-out) can be used. You just need to fab some form of fastener to hold it shut. If your missing the frame for the tilt out glass, the late model plastic strip moulding usually provides a good solution. However, an original glass will likely be to small without the frame. A new glass may need to be cut to fit.

trimmed down and rewelded the original frame and got some glass cut and glued it in
27.jpg

Latest posts

Back