Wiring/ plumbing

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Well guys its getting to the point where Im going to start thinking about the wiring. I need to know how to hook it all up. Ive never wired/plumbed a whole motor before. So I need to know what to do for the motor and trans. Diagrams work great for me so I can see what everyone is talking about. Thanks in advance for the help.

Are you planning on getting yourself a wiring harness? If so, it will come with diagrams. I got a basic 12-circuit from speedway that I'm going to start installing soon.

For the trans you should just need oil cooler lines unless you have an electronic trans with an external module (yikes).

Are you planning on getting yourself a wiring harness? If so, it will come with diagrams. I got a basic 12-circuit from speedway that I'm going to start installing soon.

For the trans you should just need oil cooler lines unless you have an electronic trans with an external module (yikes).

Nope got a gool old standard turbo 350. Im going to pick up an oil cooler. I did get a wiring harness but I havent opened it up yet. didnt think about it having a diagram.

Thanks man!

Nope got a gool old standard turbo 350. Im going to pick up an oil cooler. I did get a wiring harness but I havent opened it up yet. didnt think about it having a diagram.

Thanks man!

Hey one other thought - have you bought your radiator yet? If you are going to get a new one or use an old one from a car that had an automatic, it will probably have a trans cooler built in. Just need to run the lines to it.

Pretty much all the radiators I saw on speedway have trans coolers built in.

Hey one other thought - have you bought your radiator yet? If you are going to get a new one or use an old one from a car that had an automatic, it will probably have a trans cooler built in. Just need to run the lines to it.

Pretty much all the radiators I saw on speedway have trans coolers built in.

I do have an old radiator that needs some work. I havent decided if im going to run it yet or not!

hey man going through the same hassle now.I went down to the city library they usually have a mechanic manual that is broke down lots more that your basic chiltons manual.Get familiarized with it,What helps me is to see what you need to get it started the bare necessities.Then get a notebook to write down all your wire colors and what they go to and if you need to change the colors .The key is to write them down how you understand them,so when you come back later on you have the info in front of you the way you understand it.It takes a little time to do that but it's much better than second guessing what you are doing!

Latest posts

Back