Worst & Best

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
I am wondering whats the worst car you have ever owned? Also whats the best?

I would say worst has to be the toyota truck that I have now what a piece.

Best well there have been a few but if I have to narrow it down I would have to say my 79 Pontiac Grand Prix (stolen and ruined before being returned) and my 97 Honda Prelude. I do miss them both.

My worst would have to be the 85 Hyundi Pony I had. Can't tell you whatever possesed me to buy that thing. Was good on gas though. I used it for doing delivery runs.
The best hands down was my 66 Chevelle. Sure do miss that car.

My worst was an 88 Plymouth Horizon. That thing looked like hell! One ugly ass car IMO. Then ALL the paint fell off by 1994. One thing about it though, It wouldn't die! I put over 200,000 miles on it and drove it for about a year without a muffler. It fell off somewhere. - lol!!
I finally sold it in 1995 for $50.00.

My favorite was a new fire engine red 1978 Z28 Camaro with a few modifications added. That was a fast one! A far cry from the Horizon!!

Last edited:
Worst
1989 Nissan truck I bought new. Had problems about after a month I bought it the problems started and the dealership wouldnt do any thing about. I will never have another new vehicle.
Best
My 1965 VW bug I bought in the winter of 1984 for $50.00. I have driven it all over the eastern US and put a LOT of miles out without any problems and will run low 15s in the 1/4. I still have it and drive it and will keep it forever( a lot of memories of a late friend and I runing around in it).
Tim

Haven't owned my best yet, but my worst was an '82 Lada 1500S sedan. Bought it when it was a year old for $3500 (only $4995 new at the time). Sold it two and a half years and 50,000 miles later for $100. Five or six wiper motors, a half-dozen voltage regulators, numerous other parts, .......... it was built in Russia. That should tell the story right there.

Worst... a 1996 Civic (UGH) Best... Probably my 1968 Tempest. Pretty shiney but it was a great car. I never had ANY problems with it.

The worst is the 94 Jimmy that I still have for backup transportation.

The best was my 65 Mustang convertible I paid $100 for in '73 while I was rebuilding my 65 GTO. I beat the crap out of that 289 3 speed and it just kept going and going until I sold it for $25 for gas money to drive the goat to California.

The worst car i have ever had was my wife's 03 Ford xploder, every other month another $300-$2000 problem. It got to a point where i told her that i refuse to work on it anymore and she needs a new car. Now she has a new Sebring, awesome car.

The best car i've ever owned has to be my '71 Jeepster Commando. Even back when it was stock it was a great ride, Buick 225 Odd fire Dauntless V6.

Hey shortyforty, i have a '65 GTO for sale. Good project for ya.

Best car is the paid for ones and the worst were ones with a payment book...never again.
Worst was probably my first new one, a 1974 F250 4x4, total pos
Best, hard call but the 68 Torino GT would be close. 289 with a 3 speed.

Worst I ever owned was a 84 F150 pickup. Best would be anything with a bowtie on the grill. That and an old 65 Dodge Polara I got for free once.

Worst car I owned? 1972 AMC Gremlin! Best part I traded in a '68 Charger with a 383 in it. Why you ask? Gas was getting expensive about $.49 a gallion!!!!

Latest posts

Back