would this work?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScaryVoodooGirl

While I'm waiting on parts I want to clear/seal the top of the Comet, since I'll be keeping it white on top to show the patina....this should work...right? give it a quick clean/scuff and then this over top? The matte finish is appealing....
http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=164

Or if not, can anyone suggest something? Rattle can preferred as I'll be doing this in my garage. I'm just tired of doing nothing but staring at the car while I'm waiting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rattle can is going to look like... rattle can. It will be uneven and striped and take away from the look IMO. Wait until you can spray it with a proper gun. Patience...

Use a flat clear though

I will second the flat clear, and I would highly suggest getting yourself a spray gun to hook up to your compressor, its really not as hard to lay down paint if you don't give a whole damn about what it looks like...ya know? If you're not going for a show car quality then practice would be fun.

BED is correct it is neither :)
It is in agreement with you[cl
I'm not a pro body or paint man.
I have a cheap HVLP gun for just what we're talkin about :D
I have no need for an expensive gun cause my buddy is a fantastic body and paint man :cool:

Just a thought, I have a gravity feed gun that cost me $200 back in '91 and a $35 Chinese copy of a Binks model 7, these are my only two guns. Guess which one is the POS, painting is just part of the hobby for me but my paint looks as good as any.

I'm not a body shop by no means, but did this car for a friend with a $40.00 paint gun from NAPA and I think it turned out okay.

Attachments

• Raymonds '50 Ford 109.jpg
    Raymonds '50 Ford 109.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back